Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
F2NV
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going back and forth of changing my hand controls and master cylinders. The biggest thing stopping me is having to rewire the integrated led light wiring.

Is it possible to rewire following the red line in the picture and go into thr handle bar instead of going back through the switch housing?

How much of a PITA would this be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am going back and forth of changing my hand controls and master cylinders. The biggest thing stopping me is having to rewire the integrated led light wiring.

Is it possible to rewire following the red line in the picture and go into thr handle bar instead of going back through the switch housing?

How much of a PITA would this be?

Thanks
I don't see any reason why you can't do that. So you are going to drill through the aluminium part of the bars to bring the wires back into the same place as the switch wires if I understand you correctly?

·
F2NV
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I've got to drill i think it may just go through the hand control. I was hoping there would be an opening that would allow this.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If I've got to drill i think it may just go through the hand control. I was hoping there would be an opening that would allow this.
No openings in the bar until you rerach the bottom of the aluminium block. As long as you dont mind the wires being on the outside I dont see why you can't run them all the way down and meet the switch loom where it exits the bars. I think you can see what I mean on the pics of the bottom of the bars.

20200519_010648.jpg 20200519_010630.jpg

·
F2NV
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks coastrider. I would prefer the wires to be hidden and had thought about running them on the outside. The OCD in me really wants them to be ran as hidden as possible. Thankfully too, I have the budman riser which makes the wire loom really accessible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts