Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpme: Got an oppurtinity to get a REV TECH DFO set up instead of paying full pop for a PC3r.Has anyone used one of these. I'm running a super trapp and SE aircleaner , :stooge: :stooge: possibbly topless.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:diablo: :diablo: Is that the teclusion box he was running? I remember hearing he had good results with it ,just looking for a good base line to getting her running Did the pipe and filter while the bike was stashed in my bro's cellar for the winter. C'mon KAZ i know your listening. :ride: :ride:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Yes,
My good Friend and Tuner was Partners in the company.They have since DIVORCED! :diablo: It's a Very good,easy.inexpensive,fuel tuner! ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are the REV TECH and Teclusion box one in the same? :helpme: :confused:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:cheers: Wll just installed the DFO on the ROD, it was a pice of cake. The only problem is they only had one baseline to set it to. They just list one for V-Rod with slip ons. I'm running ST's with a SE filter with lid on. Want to run it a little before i go topless. Should i fatten it up over what they suggest? :confused: Their dyno-run :deal: was with a set of SAMPSON's, atleast thats what on the TECLUSION website.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How come my number of posts never change?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Rodder,

Not sure what your asking. You have 5 posts in all the forums and your post count reads 5 ?????

Attachments

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Rodder,

My Techlusion finally turned up yesterday, sat in Aussie Customs for 3 weeks thanks to U.P.S.

Looks pretty easy to install, going to have a go at it tonight. Your right about the limited baseline set up info though.

However i can't see that fattening it up a little on the green, yellow and red dial is going to hurt at all, given the increased airflow of the SE airfilter, i'd try maybe a half or one full clock position on each dial on top of what they recommend.

I guess the best way to dial it in is going to be by sticking it on a dyno with a gas analyser, but we shouldn't go too far wrong with some minor adjustments of our own.

By richening it up a bit the worst you can do is increase gas consumption. Better to run slightly rich than lean.

I'll get mine up and running and let you know what settings I end up with.

Im running self modded stock pipes and an SE airfilter and modded top.

Cheers

Smasha

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Ok, finally got chance to install the Techlusion today and try out my self modded pipes...

Firstly the Techlusion. Installation was simple, instructions were clear and easy to follow. Install time was about 30 minutes, taking my time. I set it up as per their recommended settings for the V-Rod for the first shake down.

Went for short ride after just to make sure everything was ok. Immediate impressions - obviously the extra decibels from the pipes...nice note, not too loud, but a raspy sort of growl. Doesn't sound like my Evo, but I never expected it to.

Secondly, noticeable increase in torque. Seemed a lot stronger low to mid range. Very smart in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Took it back home, played with adjustment dials, gave each one an extra clock position up from what they recommended (running SE Airfilter and modified top for increased airflow).

Took it out again, very impressed - heaps of low end pull. Managed to light up the rear from a set of lights without even meaning too...never done that on the Evo!!

Overall impression - very happy indeed. If i can find the time I'll get it dynoed and post some numbers, but by the seat of the pants, it's definately up from stock.

Anyone wanting a cheaper alternative to the PC or RT, take a look at one of these TFI boxes...especially if over here in Oz, where the PC111r (not the USB, which is even more!) retails for over $700 Au.

Cheers

Smasha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts