Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sinister: Whats everyone running for sttings on their box? I'm running S.T.'s, with a K&N filter withe the top on.Got my green setting on 4,yellow on 7, red on 3.5.. I think i can turn down the yellow setting cus when i rev it in neutral she burps a little smoke(black).Rode her last week with their baseilne. Which is green 3.5, yellow 7, and red3. I got the last setting set at 7 wich is what RPM the yellow blends in with the red. Bike ran great and got good fuel mileage just seeing if fattening things up will give her some more horses ,and checked the plugs they looked a little light. :spank: . But boy does she crank. :notworth: :notworth:

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Hey Rodder,

I'm running exactly the same settings as you, Green on 4, yellow 7, red 3.5, RPM 7, on my Techlusiuon.

I haven't noticed it blowing any smoke. I did probably the same as you, took their base settings and fattened it up just a tad.

Im running self modded stock pipes (similar to VMods), K&N filter plus modded top box (removed snorkel and fully opened up front).

I'm pretty happy with these settings, don't seem to have lost much mileage, but gained a nice kick in the pants effect.

Smasha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:goof: Rode her today with the settings i modded from their base line and she ran great.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
How comfortable did you feel splicing into the wires on your bike? I think that is the only reason I havent tried the DFO yet. The HD race fueler looks like a DFO with the HD wiring harness plugs on it. Need some kind of fuel management.

Greg

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Greg,

You dont actually have to do any splicing as such. The Techlusion has what they call T clips which go around the appropriate wire and snap onto them. You dont have to cut any wires or peel any wire insulation back.

If you remove these T clips, you can hardly tell they were ever on there.

The only modification I had to do to the wiring loom was cut a small section of the black plastic wiring harness to gain access to the wires inside. If i ever took it off the bike, you would hardly know it had been on there.

Smasha

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Thank you my friend. you have made my choice more difficult. I had about ruled the TFI out

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
the race fueler looks like it Okie, dont know about the force one... the one from Cobra has a nice silver box... looks v-rod-dish

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The DFO/TECHLUSION is a nice set up easy to install and easy to work with my dealer says its very user friendly and well priced and he didn't try to bad mouth it and say i should buy the HARLEY RACE TUNER. :rolleyes:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
nice to know rodder... my dealer tried to sell me the race tuner, until I mentioned I would need a 'qualified'mecahinc to install and tune it, and its a known fact that my dealer cant do that. soooo, still looking ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:sinister: Give the DFO a try KAZ made 122 ponies to the rear wheel with his set up i wish he would let us know what it was but thats old news to him. I paid $190 for mine and it took all of 15 minutes to install and if i decide to change pipes i can tune it myself. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hate to jump in here guys but I have V&H pipes open with no baffles..28t and HD pcm reprogram and bike runs like crap.. will this help out with me problem?? If so where can I get and how quick???

Thanks for your help :thumb:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumb: Got mine through CUSTOM CHROME.You should be able to tune iot yourself just like jetting a carb. Have you tried running the baffles in? Might make all the difference.

·
Retired!
583 Posts
You prbably dont have enough back pressure. That's one of the reasons HD doesn't recommend Samson pipes or any open pipes. Small displacement motors need a certain amount of back pressure for descent low end. Open pipes work fine if your running wide open.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm glad you guys are having good luck with the DFO. My dealer talked me into one and even set it up for me on the dyno. The best he got me was 103hp. With the same setup and the PCIII USB and a tune I got 116hp. I think they are a waste of money. I'd go with the PC or the Race Tuner. IMHO. Bill

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
ba49 said:
Hi Guys. I'm glad you guys are having good luck with the DFO. My dealer talked me into one and even set it up for me on the dyno. The best he got me was 103hp. With the same setup and the PCIII USB and a tune I got 116hp. I think they are a waste of money. I'd go with the PC or the Race Tuner. IMHO. Bill
ba49,
don't Blame the Box it's the Tuner who does the input!As stated before I made Huge Power"122+" with the Very Simple Techlusion,but after 500+runs Done By one of the Owners himself on the Dyno developing the Base setups for 4 different Pipes!For All out Performance were Cost not an Oblect then the RT is the way to go.For a Good safe increase of fuel to go with your Topless/New Pipe setup for a Great Price,it can't be Beat! :kaz:

·
Retired!
583 Posts
I'm going to kind of piggy back to what Kaz said. If you are going to be doing alot of racing, the RT or PC is what you want. If you just want a good strong nice running bike for cruising and the occational blast down the strip, you can't go wrong with the DFO or SE race fueler. It's easy to install, doesn't require any maps or laptops or anything. You can change the amount of fuel in different ranges with a turn of the screwdriver. And if your dealer is going to give you a hard time about your warranty, just take the fueler off and put it back on when you get the bike back. The SE plugs right into the fuel injectors. No splicing at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts