Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, we traded everything in on a new Can Am Spyder RT..and I miss 2 wheels already (its been about 3 months). Before that I owned a 98 Honda ST1100.

I do not like conventional,air cooled HD's..you see em on every street corner making a "BLAAAAT" sound.:paper:

I like the look of the VROD. And low mile used ones seem pretty affordable. I looked at one at a toy run yesterday and was impressed with the way it looked and sounded. :)

Are there any glaring defects from certain years/models that I should avoid? I would hate to purchase "a good deal" and end up with a rod knock or a busted frame in a few thousand miles!

I was looking at the classifieds here and there is a 03 I believe, in Phoenix, for around $7500. Now THAT'S reasonable, at least to me.

Anyhoo, I m in the Seattle area and am looking forward to checking out a few VR's. The local stealer had a few used ones on the floor, but I would rather deal with a private owner anyday.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments/thread links to assist me in my endeavor!

Brad in Everett,WA

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,386 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com .. Love those Spyders and there are some decent bikes in the forum here for sale.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome Brad ! Ride a few and see how you like them and model. The 2007 has bigger gas tank that holds 5 gallons and still get for a nice price. See what you like and decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts