Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 VRSCSEII. I have read about many differant tuners to be used with the CFR including CFR tuner. I spoke with HD and they sell the CFR and will install an ECM and download the map. I would like to know if i would be loosing some flexibility should I make any further alterations by going this route. Should I use the PCIII or what???
Someone please lend me thier wealth of knowledge.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I understand that if you intend to do other mods you may want to consider the SERT. I have an '06 SE2, Topless, Rinehart 2-1 and bought the SERT so I could play with my own Maps. SROD (Stu) on this forum got me started with 3 maps and I went from there.

Good luck whichever way you go.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am running the CFR with a PCIII on My D .I had it dyno tuned runs great and I love the thunder the CFR makes good luck and ride safe

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I have no experience with anything other then a PC III usb. As for the CERT I don't think you can go wrong with that either. Both are powerful tools to use and both can mess up your Rod in a hurry if you do not know what your doing with them. Either way go with a good known map to get it running and then get a custom tune by a trusted shop knowledgeable with either ECM controller you chose! Good luck you'll love the CFR! I know I love mine!

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
And Ear Plugs.............:)

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
1VRider said:
I have an '06 VRSCSEII. I have read about many differant tuners to be used with the CFR including CFR tuner. I spoke with HD and they sell the CFR and will install an ECM and download the map. I would like to know if i would be loosing some flexibility should I make any further alterations by going this route. Should I use the PCIII or what???
Someone please lend me thier wealth of knowledge.
I wouldn't let them do the flash, I would either use the CFR tuner,Gils box, PC3 or SERT.Unless you plan on doing engine mods later on you can't go wrong with a PCIII.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cfr/ecm

Thanks you all for your input. It looks like the consensus is the PCIII is the ECM to have.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
1VRider said:
Thanks you all for your input. It looks like the consensus is the PCIII is the ECM to have.
The PC3 is not an ECM, it is a piggy back to the delphi ECM. Both the SERT and the PC3 are great tools. There a great MAPS posted for both applications as well.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I had the PCIII and switched to a SERT. The SERT is very easy to use and doesn't leave anything on the bike (the PCIII stays on). You will love the CFR!!!

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
After listening to several folks piss and moan about issues they had with the CFR fueler and the PCIII, I went with the SERT and have not regretted the decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts