Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something that we can het from Harley Davidson that lists the required hours for service on our bikes??? I feel that things are way to vague and one dealer says one price and another says a totally different price. I know Duacti North America has a set pricing for their services now.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
I'm removing this as Max's post is MUCH more helpful. (big surprise, eh?)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
http://www.1130cc.com/labor/

If you get the labor pdf it shows warranty time. Usually most customer pay labor is warranty time multiplied times 1.5

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Is there something that we can het from Harley Davidson that lists the required hours for service on our bikes??? I feel that things are way to vague and one dealer says one price and another says a totally different price. I know Duacti North America has a set pricing for their services now.
Dealers charge whatever they feel like that day..PMRO.
Made an appt for 1000 mile service and have them install chrome engine kit.
Head Knucklehead told me 6 hours to install chrome.
Made the appointment and brought bike in for service and add chrome. Service Wench said she has to ask Head Knucklehead how much time it would take for install. she comes back and says 8 hrs! I almost blew a gasket.. I told her the first time I inquired he said 4 hrs < he really said 6> he comes over,scratching his head..and says.. "I told you 4 hrs to install the chrome??"
I said YES and you are trying to rip me off now..he says.." 4 hrs is cutting it REAL close..I gotta charge you for 5 hrs" that was better than the 6 he originally qouted me,and hell of a lot better than 8!
I still see red when I think about that..:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts