Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Launch Em High
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone have the list of replacment hardware for the V-rod..
such as clutch cover, alternator, valve covers etc..
sizes and lengths?

Henry

undefined

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
No. But check eBay. There are a few kits for sale right now that are claimed to replace all the engine bolts. Stainless Steel, I think

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I've bought Gardner Wescott bolts for the covers off of ebay,bout 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Harley stuff. The quality seems comparable but they arent packaged the same as harly stuff. for example I bought the Harley Alterntor kit that has the alt. bolts and sprocket cover bolts about 3 mos ago When I bought the G/W side cover kit it has the alt/sprocket bolts and the clutch cover kit but not the water pump. The Harley clutch kit comes with the W/P bolts. The derby screws are different too. The HArley kit uses button head s and the G/W kit uses std chrome socket heads. The cam cover kits seem to be the same. i went to G/W 's website but they don't list any V Rod stuff. Emailed em,no reply.Now I guess I have to either buy a clutch kit just for the water pump bolts or wait till they show up on ebay. :ithappen:

·
Launch Em High
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would really like to know the sizes in detail.. this way I can replace them without going thru a dealer..
I will be sizing my hardware on the bike myself... seems its the best way to have it done with the parts manual from the dealer.. :welcome:

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Then it may be time to get your ratchet out and start crankin'
Ive got the manual, and there is no fastener size parts list.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
The parts bok lists every fastener, it's size and pitch i.e.6mm x 1.0 x 30mm. It also list quantitys used on each part.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
:) :spank:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
hvrod said:
Thanks ED..
who is Max?/? I'm pretty new to the group...
He's The MAD MAN behind this JOINT! :notworth: Mad Max's VRF! :kaz:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Z16monte said:
... i went to G/W 's website but they don't list any V Rod stuff. Emailed em,no reply....

I mailed them as well, here's their response:

"We have many different kits for the v-rod,however,we do not sell our
motorcycle kits retail."

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bought a FULL ENGINE KIT by gardner westcott from off e bay for 86.00 with shipping

92 bolts... plus all spacers, washers, everything... really addeded a nice touch.

they included bolts for EVERYTHING on the engine... even ones you'll never use... like the oil pan, etc... I still have 1/3 of them unused... a great deal..

STAY OUT OF THE STEALERS!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Be careful when replacing bolts. Generally, you will want to use bolts that are grade 8 or above. These bolts are suitable for structural use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts