Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..

I have a 2006 VRSCR. I was having an issue where I was blowing a fuse. The fuse being the one for the instrument panel, and the radiator fans. Well looking at the fans I notice that one of the fans (lower one) had seized up and was unable to spin, hence why the blown fuse.

Is there a way to replace just the fan itself or do you have to purchase the whole fan assembly? The part number is 26724-04.

Thanks in Advance...

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
Looking at the parts diagram on Ronnie's, it looks like that is an integral unit, so the "H-D answer" is to replace the entire unit. Not sure how you'd go about sourcing a fan that fits the exact dimensions, voltage, etc.

Newcastle has it for $195 plus shipping and they're usually pretty good about backordered parts.

Just a thought.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
Online dealers (Newcastle, Ronnies, Surdyke, etc.) are usually a far better choice for parts than the local stealer. But, if you have money to burn.....

The only gotcha is that shipping can be steep; it's usually best to place a large order than a bunch of smaller ones in order to minimize shipping costs.

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
And that's why I like the '02-'03 fan set-up better. Try Spal fans they might have what you are looking for. They made the fans for the early models and are only about $70 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.