Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word of caution when removing the rear wheel. The wheel does not come straight out the back. You have to turn it to the left a little and roll it out at a slight angle. Keep a close eye on the rim as you do. I nicked my pinstriping on my wheel. The guys at the dealer were really cool about touching it up at no extra charge. A small bottle of orange paint will run you close to $10. That's about a tank of gas for my screw up.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mr Bell, I know what ya mean, just removed mine yesterday & it was a bear! Putting a Metz 260 on and don't look forward to re-installing the wheel. How does the 1330 compare to the stocker? I feel this bike needs more low-end torque.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zcat said:
How does the 1330 compare to the stocker?
I'm not sure what you are asking.

Installing is no problem. I thought I would have trouble with the larger tire (260), but it was easier going on. I would also recommend using tape on the rim for added protection.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good idea on the tape- thanks.
I thought you had a 1330 kit in your DX. After Stock Motor it says 1330cc under the 07 VRSCDX DENIM/VIVID in your signature. Guess I'm a little confused, but thats nothing new for me -LOL!

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My appologies. I guess that was wishful thinking. :chair: Typo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts