Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am getting a 2009 special front wheel to replace my stock 2006 vrscd. Could I use my stock axle for the 2009 front wheel? When I tried to use it, I couldn't fit it in. Should I force it? Please help.
thnx
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
NO! Measure it. If there is a difference, change the bearings. Make sure it fits, first! Joe

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
DON'T FORCE IT!!! the axels are two different sizes, you either need to press in proper bearings to fit your current axel, or you need to modify your front end to accept the new axel

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there is no modifications required to the frontend. Just get a 2008 or newer 25mm axle and it will fit the new wheel and lower slider axle mounts with no problem. This is common practice by people installing Buell wheels on their '02 - '07 V-rods because they use a 1" axle and the Buell and '08 and up V-rods use a 25mm axle. You could also have your 1" axle turned down to 25mm at a machine shop. Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx guys. Let me see if I could get a new axle (25 mm) from the local HD dealer. I am new to this, but love it...........................

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, I got a local machine work guy to laith the axle for me and it fit. I need a new spacer since the old one (for the 06) is too small. Anyone know the part # or wat I could do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts