Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 VRSCA

15000 miles on my second set of sneakers on the front.
Third on back (1) premature puncture.
Both "Front" tires wear pattern really weird not uniform wear.
Left side looks flatter wear then right?

Question: Should I go for Dunlaps again?

OR

Is there a better performer, longer lasting, higher quality tire??????

All opinions appreciated....:dance:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have had better luck with metzlers then the dunlops myself.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Oklahoman said:
2003 VRSCA
Both "Front" tires wear pattern really weird not uniform wear.
Left side looks flatter wear then right?
I'm replacing my originals on the 03A at 3000mi with Metzler 880s in the stock sizes. This will be my first set but I trust the forums to lead me right :)

I've got he same wear pattern on both my front and my rear wheel! Left side is more worn than the right. Maybe I'm going down the road crooked or leaning odd when riding?

·
Registered
65 Posts
BlueCamel said:
I'm replacing my originals on the 03A at 3000mi with Metzler 880s in the stock sizes. This will be my first set but I trust the forums to lead me right :)

I've got he same wear pattern on both my front and my rear wheel! Left side is more worn than the right. Maybe I'm going down the road crooked or leaning odd when riding?
This is normal and I have heard it is because left hand turns are longer than right hand turns.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have heard it said that the 200 (metz)will fit with no mods. Not mine, when HD mounted mine the lower belt guard had to be moded. The widest point of the left sidewall rubbed against the lower belt guard and had to be cut away. Dar

·
watch this
126 Posts
go with the metz.....you wont be disappointed and you will notice a change in wear and traction

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I finally fell in line and changed to Metzelers 4 thousand miles ago, after logging 35K with Dunlops. Every Dunlop wore unevenly, with the fronts scalloping badly after just a few thousand (but mine did not wear more on one side). The Metzelers are wearing evenly, with no scalloping on the front. And no more squirmy feeling in the turns.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Metzler ME 880's all the way

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have replaced the Dunlops with Metzler Me 880 200 at the rear with NO mods!And in the front the Me 880 as well :)
So go for the Metzler

·
Registered
288 Posts
No Mods at all? Man I had to trim my lower belt guard.........

·
EXCELSIOR
8,502 Posts
General concensus is go with the Metz.
I can't say the grip is any better but mileage is and since the front does not have a central groove like the Dunlop, it tracks more stable, is less affected by road grooves or side winds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts