Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part number for an '03 annodized airbox cover with the emblems on it?

The '02 is 66067-01, list at $331.00

My local stealer says the '03 is $600.00 and I have to give them the 100th emblems I have so they can send them back to the factory.

OK, I think that's fine, if they were giving me something like $250.00 back as a core charge for my emblems, but they say they are not.

Why should I pay $269.00 more for an '03 cover when I could get an '02 and just re-apply my 100th emblems to it?

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
DCLittlejohn said:
Anyone know the part number for an '03 annodized airbox cover with the emblems on it?

The '02 is 66067-01, list at $331.00

My local stealer says the '03 is $600.00 and I have to give them the 100th emblems I have so they can send them back to the factory.

OK, I think that's fine, if they were giving me something like $250.00 back as a core charge for my emblems, but they say they are not.

Why should I pay $269.00 more for an '03 cover when I could get an '02 and just re-apply my 100th emblems to it?

sounds like you got it figured out already.
also check ebay, you might be able to get a-whole-nother set

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vroom said:
sounds like you got it figured out already.
Not sure if I do or not. I'm wondering if the stealer is lying about no refunded money for turning in my current emblems. I just don't see $269.00 more to have (probably my same emblems) reapplied to a $331.00 airbox at the factory.

If they were selling me the new cover for $600 and I got to keep my existing emblems, I wouldn't care, but I don't want to get screwed if there is supposed to be a payback for my existing 100th.

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
the way I understand it is that there are NO emblems available-- they want to re-condition yours and send them back. that might be the extra expense. I heard they only made so many of those, and they only went out on bikes from the factory and there were NO replacement parts made at all. so if you destroy one, it's GONE. Makes me think I should be buying them all up off ebay and wherever.....

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
DCLittlejohn said:

The '02 has Harley-Davidson written across it in red. I'm not sure you could remove this without damaging the surface.

·
Registered
136 Posts
DC, your stealer is correct :banghead:. The Moco will not sell any emblems to the dealers without a return pair. The set you get back will be a brand new pair and the Moco destroys your old pair.

As far as the 02 tank, you can easily get the lettering off with a paint stripper and it will not effect the anodize a bit. The problem is there will always be a ghosted image of the lettering on the tank.

Your best bet is to find a good tank on Ebay.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
For a little more than $269, I might be able to find a small shop with a CNC machine to copy the emblem in stainless steel! :eek: Then I could have a bunch made. Of course, that wouldn't exactly be in-line with trademark, patent, etc. laws... :whack:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ozzycustoms said:
Your best bet is to find a good tank on Ebay.
Heh.. My best bet is to get $3000 and have you supply me with an extreme chrome set :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts