Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the left and right hand levers on my 2014 Night Rod Special. I just swapped out the grey levers for the black levers so they'd match the bike better (used original HD levers). Everything is back together but the rear brake light stays on.

When I remove the pivot bushing from the lever and I hold the lever all the way forward in it's normal position, it is pressing the brake switch and turning off the brake light, so the switch is working. When I put the bushing 2/3 way back into the hole so it holds the lever in place, and let go, the light still goes out like it should. But as soon as I push the bushing completely down through the hole, so I can put the retaining clip back on, the brake light comes on. Is this just something not aligned just right or something? As soon as I pull the bushing half way back out the light works as normal. So with the bushing installed all the way it is not allowing the lever to make full contact with the brake switch or something... Grrr

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yup. It’s a fitment issue. As I recall, there’s a small folded metal spring piece that holds the switch in place. A real pain in the ass to align.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Double check the tip if the brake switch in the handlebars when you remove the lever. There can be a little tip that snaps off. I superglued about 2mm of plastic on the top and it worked for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts