Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doin my progressive spring kit today I noticed some wear on the end of one slider tube Should I just replace the whole tube or will I be ok
WORN TUBE

Here is the other side notice the difference in the wear...

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have done lots of front ends and i really think you will be ok as long as there is no deep groves or dings.... i would however flip it upside down and that way it will wear on the other side.... should be able to get same milage out of it the other way then replace

·
Registered
922 Posts
What you don't want me to help with your bike? :goof: I told you I won't drink any of your beer until after we get it back together! :angeldev:

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MurphysLaw said:
What you don't want me to help with your bike? :goof: I told you I won't drink any of your beer until after we get it back together! :angeldev:
If i wait for you it will be Christmas before Im done

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cguse00 said:
i have done lots of front ends and i really think you will be ok as long as there is no deep groves or dings.... i would however flip it upside down and that way it will wear on the other side.... should be able to get same milage out of it the other way then replace
I gotta take a closer look at it but I dont think that bushing can be flipped... the whole slider tube is only $60 at zanotti I may just play it safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts