Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 VRSCD that I have been trying to fix after a brief run in with a truck on the highway. I have figured out what I need to get the radiator replaced, I hope, but the rear brake pedal (42704-06) was broken, and when I took it off I realized the push rod for the rear master cylinder (44571-06B) was broken. The rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder I find online are around $300 each. Which leads me to my questions.
Can I replace just the push rod for the rear master cylinder, and what would the part number be?
If I have to get the whole rear master cylinder, is it possible for me to use a different rear master cylinder?
Is there another brake pedal I can use?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have a 2007 VRSCD that I have been trying to fix after a brief run in with a truck on the highway. I have figured out what I need to get the radiator replaced, I hope, but the rear brake pedal (42704-06) was broken, and when I took it off I realized the push rod for the rear master cylinder (44571-06B) was broken. The rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder I find online are around $300 each. Which leads me to my questions.
Can I replace just the push rod for the rear master cylinder, and what would the part number be?
If I have to get the whole rear master cylinder, is it possible for me to use a different rear master cylinder?
Is there another brake pedal I can use?
Pushrod is available seperately.
Part no. 42869-06A

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have an 06 D - Just FYI while your at it.
Common opinion is that the Rear Brake Pedal is a PIA - its sits too High. EZ to drag by accident ,hard to finesse.

One Mod is to change the way it sits on the piston rod to lower it.
I choose to buy and extra stock pedal and take to a shop to be bent down.

It is excellent now. I can ride with my Right foot in normal position
and reach down a little and get good leverage on it and control it better.
now I can really use the brakes "together"
I suggest that mod.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts