Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of fairing that need a complete repaint, and have a couple doubts, I was going to with a version of the black orange color scheme.

1. For the orange I want something more vibrant than the stock arange and will get some pearl orange, but for the black not sure which one will go. Any suggestions?

2. Stripe width. I want it look thicker, not sure if by going with a bitther thinner or wider stripes than stock if it will look wider. Any thoughts on these?

3. The airbox I've got has the Harley name in white, any idea how to get an stencil for the normal logo for the night rod? ITs either that or no logos.

4 Acrylic vs urethane paint. If I have it right urethane is the way to go for durability.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I got a set of fairing that need a complete repaint, and have a couple doubts, I was going to with a version of the black orange color scheme.

1. For the orange I want something more vibrant than the stock arange and will get some pearl orange, but for the black not sure which one will go. Any suggestions?

2. Stripe width. I want it look thicker, not sure if by going with a bitther thinner or wider stripes than stock if it will look wider. Any thoughts on these?

3. The airbox I've got has the Harley name in white, any idea how to get an stencil for the normal logo for the night rod? ITs either that or no logos.

4 Acrylic vs urethane paint. If I have it right urethane is the way to go for durability.
Urethane is more chip resistant and it's cross link formula is very durable. I've not used Acrylics since the days of custom painting in the 70s. For that, it was awesome. Fast taping times and all chemical knit for all colors. Not sure what the new stuff is like but in either case it will be more brittle then Urethane. Not much help on the other questions.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts