Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
K Bar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to remove my V&H Competition slip-on baffles for a deeper and of course louder sound. HD mechanic said I should keep them in for my VRSCF to run properly or are they just BSing me? Do i need to remap it or anything after or should i be good with just taking them out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same configuration, I've just installed the baffle after 5000 km without them. No remap before and no remap now. It runs well in both cases. But now my ears tanks to me

·
K Bar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same configuration, I've just installed the baffle after 5000 km without them. No remap before and no remap now. It runs well in both cases. But now my ears tanks to me
Good to know. If it gets too obnoxious for me to ride without them I could always put them back it. neighbors will probably hate me till then though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry but.... I must clarify: I've installed the quiet baffle to my V&H slip-on after running 5000 km without them. Never removed the standard baffle that is factory installed inside the slip-on. Maybe P149U3 do you want to remove the standard baffle? I cannot imagine how loud it could be...

·
The F
449 Posts
When I was installing mine I started the bike with just the headers and no pipes. And with no baffles in the V&H pipes. To me it was louder with no baffles than running with no pipes. I do not envy you.

·
Registered
395 Posts
So I have decided to remove my V&H Competition slip-on baffles for a deeper and of course louder sound. HD mechanic said I should keep them in for my VRSCF to run properly or are they just BSing me? Do i need to remap it or anything after or should i be good with just taking them out?
If you must remove them then I would definitely have it tuned, as the loss of back pressure creates very different conditions (not to mention a noticeable loss of torque)

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
most vrod actually burn out the baffle material really fast anyway so its usually only the the metal part the baffle material wraps around. Going to use steel wool in mine next time i take the exhuast off. Def get more power low down with the baffle on.

·
F2NV
1,766 Posts
I tried having the baffles out of the v&h slip ons on my muscle. Man it was LOUD!!! I really liked it but on the hwy and cruising it got to be too much. I also have a 26t sprocket so it revs higher.

I couldn't take that lack on the torque loss so I put them back in.

Tune is recommended

Make sure you wear ear protection either way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check this research about Exhaust systems by Dk customs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts