Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Out of time....
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing new mirrors that have LED turn-signals built into them. Currently the turn-signal lights are attached to the end of the hand grips. Do the hand grips just pull off the end of the handle bars on both ends or is there a trick to get them off? :banghead:

Thanks,

-Mark

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
If it is stock which it does not sound like it is, the left one is probably glued on. Pics might help.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Seeing how your switch housing is already loose, my thought would be that it is glued on there.

·
Out of time....
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing how your switch housing is already loose, my thought would be that it is glued on there.
Yea, I figured the only way I was every even going to get close to figuring out how to get them off was to start disassembling.

So if they are just glued should I just turn them until they come off? What about the throttle side... same thing?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Throttle side is not glued, just loosen the switch housing up and go from there, throttle side should have the two throttle cables connected, but those just slip off.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
i use an air gun and compressor and insert the gun nozzle under the grip[between grip and handlebar ] and blow that sucker off with a bit of twisting of the grip to help..never fails. use a bit of spray paint in a can inside the grip to reglue back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts