Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up guys,

i recall someone here removing their rim tape on the dx. yeah i searched kind of, but couldn't find. so whats the easiest way to remove, i tired with razor blade. but that method looks like it will scratch the wheel pretty bad. is there a method besides heat gun, goof off and a crap load of time? any help is much appriciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If you hangout with that chipmunk long enough he might tell you. I like my stripes and dont know how to remove them but I'm sure somebody does. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
black pin stripe

not helping you much....but i wanted to see what it would look like without the stripe so i covered it with black pin striping to see if i want to make a permanant fix....( i didn't like it)....the rear wheel looked ok, but as for the front...it wasn't pleasing at all....there is a reason why they put it on....cause it looks like crap without it....i was disappointed...i thought it would look great.... but of course that's my opinion....try it out to see if you like it....( i think i didn't like it cause the DX wheel is almost solid...it needs more thin lines like some other aftermarket wheels to pull the all black off)...take it for what its worth...good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leg 475,

yeah i second thought i might keep it on. i have someother mods to do first like changing out the headlight and get a short rear fender or play with the oem one.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
leg475 said:
not helping you much....but i wanted to see what it would look like without the stripe so i covered it with black pin striping to see if i want to make a permanant fix....( i didn't like it)....the rear wheel looked ok, but as for the front...it wasn't pleasing at all....there is a reason why they put it on....cause it looks like crap without it....i was disappointed...i thought it would look great.... but of course that's my opinion....try it out to see if you like it....( i think i didn't like it cause the DX wheel is almost solid...it needs more thin lines like some other aftermarket wheels to pull the all black off)...take it for what its worth...good luck
i did the same and agree it looked crap, the wheel seemed to disappear.also as far as i am aware it is painted on so would be very difficult to remove without damaging the paint underneath.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts