Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.skullfilms.se
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my bike is in winter storage so I cant just check.. hence this question:

Can I just unscrew and remove my mirrors or will this effect anything else than just my sight backwards? What I mean is there anything else that is attatched to the mirror mount?

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
tr4sh is correct, indicators hang from the same spot. I bought a relocater bolt and move to the trees You can get them from Dennis Kirk or J&P cylces for about $40

·
www.skullfilms.se
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huum thats what I thought.. im in sweden so it feels stupid to order something from the US thats going to be trippled in price before shipping and customs has tuched it.. What I see from the images.. isn´t that just a two way bolt with a spacing or is the bult with two diffrent threds?

No DYI solutions? Relocating the turnsignal to the front fork might be only option..?

·
Firefighter
191 Posts
hey. i did the same as above. i switched from the stockers to some 20 dollar bar end mirrors. then for the indicator lights i went to the local hardware store and bought 2 black socket head cap screws, since my controls and master cylinders are black. the bolts were maybe a buck or two.

·
Want Monster
69 Posts
How do you like the bar end mirrors, look good on your bike.

Simple to install?

Where did you buy them?

Thanks.

·
Firefighter
191 Posts
How do you like the bar end mirrors, look good on your bike.

Simple to install?

Where did you buy them?

Thanks.
i'm not sure if you were asking about my bar end mirrors or not, but i'll give my input.

i really like them, you can actually see what is behind you! i found them on ebay, but they were advertised for use on 7/8 bars. so i had to buy an adapter kit so i could use them on the 1" bars on the vrod. they were really easy to install, the hardest part was cutting a hole in the end of the aftermarket grip, that was gonna be big enough for the mirror to slide in. and it took some time filing down the inside of the throttle grip so it didn't stick at all. if you're interested in the mirrors more, i can look back through my records and get you the sellers name for both items. and like i said it was like a total of 20 or 30 bucks for everything.

one thing i had to get used to was that the objects behind you seem farther than they really are. and i know all motorcycle mirrors are like this, but these seem like things seem even farther than they did on the stockers. but seeing something is alot better than seeing nothing. IMHO

hope this helps

·
Registered
69 Posts
i'm not sure if you were asking about my bar end mirrors or not, but i'll give my input.

i really like them, you can actually see what is behind you! i found them on ebay, but they were advertised for use on 7/8 bars. so i had to buy an adapter kit so i could use them on the 1" bars on the vrod. they were really easy to install, the hardest part was cutting a hole in the end of the aftermarket grip, that was gonna be big enough for the mirror to slide in. and it took some time filing down the inside of the throttle grip so it didn't stick at all. if you're interested in the mirrors more, i can look back through my records and get you the sellers name for both items. and like i said it was like a total of 20 or 30 bucks for everything.

one thing i had to get used to was that the objects behind you seem farther than they really are. and i know all motorcycle mirrors are like this, but these seem like things seem even farther than they did on the stockers. but seeing something is alot better than seeing nothing. IMHO

hope this helps
Same here, love `em . Images are a touch smaller, but you can see behind you, not just your elbows/shoulders. Easy to fit, took 1 hour tops, again I had to buy a 1" bar adaptor, file the plastic sleeve inside the HD diamond grips and re-hang the turn sigs in stainless bolts with plastic caps. I do advanced riding with Police riding instructors and they agree, the mirrors look better than standard, but importantly they work. hope this helps, Daz.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can someone give me the thread size of the turn signal mount ?
I have a little trouble with non metric measurements...

#15 and 10

·
www.skullfilms.se
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can someone give me the thread size of the turn signal mount ?
I have a little trouble with non metric measurements...

#15 and 10

The screws should be 24/10 with fine thread (1,5) ie. M10 that is 24mm long and has a fine thread also called half thread here in Sweden atlest, besides that it should be like 0,5 euros each with tip ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
mirrors

Just turn the mirror bolt upside down with the acorn nut on top and cut off the mirror end to hold on the turn light.
E

·
www.skullfilms.se
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The screws should be 24/10 with fine thread (1,5) ie. M10 that is 24mm long and has a fine thread also called half thread here in Sweden atlest, besides that it should be like 0,5 euros each with tip ;)
Ok, they need to be 5/16″ threded and aprox. 45mm long (just under 2" for you non-metric..). No need for threding all the way.. Fits lika a glove =) Just buy a stainless steel and paint the top of the bolt.. I paid less than $5 for the pair and the installation took less than 5 minutes. (in the pic below the top is not painted)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts