Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my F the dealer had already installed the backrest with the luggage rack. I want it off, I think ruins look of bike, anyway I removed the two bolts that hold on rear of back rest, but I cant see how the front is mounted. I looked inside the wheel well and expect to see a bracket but nothing is there. Any ideas, on how to get this off. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
Some blacked out carriage bolts could be used to cover the holes or find someone wanting the backrest and sell them the complete setup with their undrilled fender in return. Jim

·
Methosan
156 Posts
After riding my Muscle the first time with a passenger I promptly ordered the backrest and had it installed. One errant twist of the throttle and your passenger might be collecting herself off the pavement. Better to be safe than sorry if you expect to have company - like the backrest or not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
After riding my Muscle the first time with a passenger I promptly ordered the backrest and had it installed. One errant twist of the throttle and your passenger might be collecting herself off the pavement. Better to be safe than sorry if you expect to have company - like the backrest or not.
:them:

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I decide to remove whole fender with back rest, bought a new one from harley. The old one is for sale if anyone interested. Vivid Black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts