Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
i'm just wondering how you removed the adhesive off the rims after the wheel weights were removed. fyi...i have DX so my rims are black. i was thinking about rubbing alcohol or goof off but i wasn't sure how that would affect the black paint on the rims. thanks!

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
WD-40 works for me....I spray some on a rag and rub the glue off the wheel...

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I use no weights and have never had a problem. But yes WD or goo gone should work or heat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
3M wax and adhesive remover.... (Aerosol can)

Good stuff... will not harm cured paint finishes..

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
DON'T use goof off! That's too strong and can/will remove paint too! Start with WD40 to be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
WD-40 works for me....I spray some on a rag and rub the glue off the wheel...
:them:Ditto - will remove sticker adhesive off most anything (painted metal, plastic, etc.)

Depending on your wheel finish, the lubricant part of the WD-40 might make it look glossy, but that will wash right off.

Also takes the glue off of your fork if you've removed the fork reflectors.

·
Billy
509 Posts
I use no weights and have never had a problem. But yes WD or goo gone should work or heat.
That's interesting because I have not balanced the last 4 or 5 tires I put on and I cannot feel any bounce or vibration. I do always take the previous weights off if there are any. It just never seemed to me that balancing was real accurate with all the stuff hanging on the wheels, rotors, pulleys etc. I think that if I ever do have a problem I will try the beads.

·
Work in Progress.
448 Posts
I use Dyna Beads also. Work for me. Maybe snake oil but keeps the weights off the rims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts