Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am removing and painting the polished aluminum screens on my DX black. I have all the screens removed except for the one over the water hose on the right side of the bike. I cannot seem to find the magic touch or clip to remove the black screen holder from the hose so I can paint it....How do you get the black screen holder off????

I will probably feel really dumb once I am told how to remove it.
Thanks,
RaderDX:banghead:

·
Registered
479 Posts
it screws off, its a hose clamp or whatever holding it on. i just took mine off and kept it off, looks better. i hated the screens

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup...I took mine off after your post to paint them and it was the fear of the dreaded hose clamp that kept me from doing it. Yup I feel a little dumb....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have painted all the screens and put them back on. Used flat black barbeque high temp paint because that is what I had on hand.....they look good. Also I have black powdercoated the foot controls and put simple longer Kuryakin pegs on that I have blacked out. I needed the longer pegs to get my leg off the the exhaust....short legs. Next comes the dropped mirrors and lowered front turn signals......the direction? All black....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sell the bikes at Mancuso HD here in Houston.....I get that question alot.....Funny isn't it when you give the answer.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts