Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i got 2013 V rod muscle with Abs. I want to remove abs from the bike i don't care about Abs light blink on dash. I searched every where but haven't found brake lines which will be used direct to master clyender. Please help me out do i need full brake lines to eliminate abs or they is another option? Please help.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Hi guys i got 2013 V rod muscle with Abs. I want to remove abs from the bike i don't care about Abs light blink on dash. I searched every where but haven't found brake lines which will be used direct to master clyender. Please help me out do i need full brake lines to eliminate abs or they is another option? Please help.
Two options. You can use a fitting to link the existing fittings on the HCU or go with the OEM none ABS brake lines. This will require adding a length of wire from the upper front brake switch to the non ABS switch location down below as part of the conversion. As for the fitting, you need something that looks like this.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two options. You can use a fitting to link the existing fittings on the HCU or go with the OEM none ABS brake lines. This will require adding a length of wire from the upper front brake switch to the non ABS switch location down below as part of the conversion. As for the fitting, you need something that looks like this.
Ron
If i use this fitting then Abs system can be removed or i'll have to keep abs system on bike? I want to eliminate entire abs system from the bike.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
If i use this fitting then Abs system can be removed or i'll have to keep abs system on bike? I want to eliminate entire abs system from the bike.
I see no reason why everything else can't be removed. You will still get codes and that light. Keep in mind in a worst case situation, having it removed, when the bike came with it, could causes some insurance issues down the road. You know what weasels insurance people are like when it comes to pay outs? I know it's not the best system out there but it saved my bacon once so I'm hesitant on removing it. In the mean time I faithfully service it with 2 year flush and HCU cycling with my tool. So far, so good.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts