Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I install a K&N filter on my soon to be delivered 2008 VRSCDX, will I need a remap? The bike will be stock with no other changes.

GPG

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The 2008 is a feedback system with O2 sensors and should compensate for the air filter if thats all the changes you are doing

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
NO, you won't need a remap for just the K&N filter but that begs the question, why would you bother. A K&N filter alone will do nothing for your performance unless you change the pipes and remap the bike. i.e. save your money, changing the filter is a waste of money.

BTW, just because the bike has O2 sensors does not mean if can compensate for changes to the intake or exhaust. In fact, the Harley version of a closed loop system CAN NOT adjust for changes over the critical areas such as WOT and hard acceleration as those are still open loop.

·
celebratin MidLife
274 Posts
when i put my air filter on.. it was the first of many mods.. and I did notice a difference.. the throttle was more responsive... no.. I didnt remap till I put on the supertrapp.. have fun and enjoy the new ride

·
EJones
125 Posts
mjw930 said:
NO, you won't need a remap for just the K&N filter but that begs the question, why would you bother. A K&N filter alone will do nothing for your performance unless you change the pipes and remap the bike. i.e. save your money, changing the filter is a waste of money.

BTW, just because the bike has O2 sensors does not mean if can compensate for changes to the intake or exhaust. In fact, the Harley version of a closed loop system CAN NOT adjust for changes over the critical areas such as WOT and hard acceleration as those are still open loop.
Follow up question...I've drilled holes in my pipes (8 1/2" holes, primarily for increased sound) - other than that, everything is stock. If I add a Screamin' Eagle filter, do I need to remap?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts