Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way/place to install a second set of foot pegs more toward the center of the bike for a bent knee riding position. On long rides i was thinking it might be nice to be able to move around some. I dont want to move the brake or shifter, just ad some pegs. Something that doen't look like crap and could fold away.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
I would be interested in relocating the controls to a bent knee position, just for shits and giggles maybe!

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
I didn't relocate the pegs, but I did get some heel stirrups. Now when I need to bend my knees, I just use them as the footpegs. There are some retractable ones available - can't remember the vendor now, but someone will, that let you get them out of your way.

Being able to move my knee position around with the stirrups helps ALOT on long rides!

Val

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Here is a link for center mounted controls.I don't know if they are in production or still in prototype.

www.kosman.net

·
Registered
696 Posts
That looks interesting. I like it!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Might be better for shorter legs tan the reduced reach kit, seats, handlebars etc? Sort of looks like a bit of a lowrider position (without forward controls)?

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
I always liked the idea of pegs below me to take the weight off the saddle during long rides and to be able to get up off the saddle over rough spots in the road. The stock position does not allow that at all.

·
Registered
149 Posts
FYI, I received a price quote:

Yes, the complete kit is $445.
It is a bolt on kit, however, it will not work with the stock V-Rod exhaust. It will work with Vance & Hines or Screamin' Eagle exhausts.
Dave
Parts Manager
707-837-0127
Kosman Specialties
[email protected]
http://www.kosman.net/
ks

·
Registered
696 Posts
It will not work with the stock V-Rod exhaust
:(
So much for working with the V-Mod'ed SE's (series 1) i have on the way!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Val said:
I didn't relocate the pegs, but I did get some heel stirrups. Now when I need to bend my knees, I just use them as the footpegs. There are some retractable ones available - can't remember the vendor now, but someone will, that let you get them out of your way.

Being able to move my knee position around with the stirrups helps ALOT on long rides!

Val
Val - I think you might be talking about Kuryakyn Switchblades??? They look like a real nice setup...I want to see how long that retracting stirrup works for someone else before I change.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I've had the switchblades on for a month. Still undecided. I need to take a long trip to really evaluate them. It'll have to get a little warmer, first. They do allow a lot of flexibility. I also finally found a location for the hiway pegs that allows me to put my toes on them, and my heels on the flat switchblade footpeg, and that I really like.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I think my setup works Pretty Good!:diablo:

·
1,738 Posts
Daniii: I was wondering how you were liking the Switchblades.

Val: the only thing about the Switchblades is that if you put weight on the stirrips they will rotate. It is hard to tighten them enough to prevent it. In that regard, I would prefer a ratchet adjustment.

Fred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts