·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
if god only needs 10% so does the IRS.

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i love judgemental ppl.. so you are saying if i dont believe in god i cant be your friend? and sorry if i am out of line posting a quetion in this thread.. it just puzzles me that someone could be so closed
Besause someone doesn't want another person to perish he is closed? I don't want 1 single member to suffer the coming torment but rather to be raptured when the Lord calls his elect. They will not be judged as their sins are forgiven. GGBIW:notworth:

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.​
You're right to look upon the coming Day of the Lord to be like the time of Noah, or Lot for that matter too (Luke 17:26-30).

It may distress some to hear the Gospel message, but as long as you're putting forth the Word with gentleness and respect, I don't think you have to be ashamed.

As things in this world heat up, I think you'll find the divide between Christian and non-Christian to be drawn into sharp focus. Don't be surprised to find yourself on the losing end for a while. After all, we will be "handed over" to be oppressed, persecuted, beaten, jailed and even martyred. Even now, this is happening in the world. Eventually it will come here.

Now you can try to fulfill the Great Commission, but in the end, that's not even for us to do (Rev 14:6-7). Some will hear the Word at the last minute and be saved too and maybe a seed you plant now will grow later to bear fruit.

And things are exactly as they need to be for right now. All I have to do is to keep the faith, spread the Word, and as someone already said, sometimes I use words to do so.

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
Let me start with Job ch 28 v28. GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
Captain GRMC said:
1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.​
You're right to look upon the coming Day of the Lord to be like the time of Noah, or Lot for that matter too (Luke 17:26-30).

It may distress some to hear the Gospel message, but as long as you're putting forth the Word with gentleness and respect, I don't think you have to be ashamed.

As things in this world heat up, I think you'll find the divide between Christian and non-Christian to be drawn into sharp focus. Don't be surprised to find yourself on the losing end for a while. After all, we will be "handed over" to be oppressed, persecuted, beaten, jailed and even martyred. Even now, this is happening in the world. Eventually it will come here.

Now you can try to fulfill the Great Commission, but in the end, that's not even for us to do (Rev 14:6-7). Some will hear the Word at the last minute and be saved too and maybe a seed you plant now will grow later to bear fruit.

And things are exactly as they need to be for right now. All I have to do is to keep the faith, spread the Word, and as someone already said, sometimes I use words to do so.
Thank you. I post not to myself but to the Messiah Jesus Christ. He is calling his elect home. Of this I am certain. I cannot change anyones mind. The Lord does that as stated in John ch 6 v 44 and 65-66. No confusion there. GGBIW

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
its just that your religion isnt the only one and you make it sound like it is.. that every one that doesnt believe like you will some how meet a terrible ending in this world.. have you thought about well you might be wrong? just food for thought..

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
its just that your religion isnt the only one and you make it sound like it is.. that every one that doesnt believe like you will some how meet a terrible ending in this world.. have you thought about well you might be wrong? just food for thought..
That's the thing that bothers me. I will listen to anyone and try to see the good in all different beliefs but sometimes people will try and throw one belief down your throat and say it's the only thing that can be believed in and if you don't believe it you will be damned. So the other parts of the world (and also here) that have their own ancient beliefs are all wrong???

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
A Reminder...

Max said:
To request access to the religious area you need to click you "user CP" in the upper tool bar http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/usercp.php then scroll down were it says "Group Memberships" and select that. Now were is it says the following groups are available to join you need to select the religious group. OKIE will now be taking care of adding members that want access to that area.

Max
This a just a sticky thread to announce the Religious area of the Forum...not to have discussions about it. If you want to have discussions of a religious nature, please feel free to follow Max's instructions and hold your conversations there.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
All the world's religions make exclusive claims. Each one claims (ultimately) that theirs is the only way. (Even religions which say there are many ways to Heaven insist theirs is the best way...)

So in this confusing cacophony of musical notes each one with its siren call for salvation the only thing which we can determine is the Law of Mutual Exclusivity:
All the world's religions cannot be right.
They can all be wrong -
but only one of them can be right.​
Food for thought? Of course.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Max said:
To request access to the religious area you need to click you "user CP" in the upper tool bar http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/usercp.php then scroll down were it says "Group Memberships" and select that. Now were is it says the following groups are available to join you need to select the religious group. OKIE will now be taking care of adding members that want access to that area.

Max

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.