Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
kerryw said:
I guess perception is not one of the gifts God gave you
I want to be able to speak scripture , not feelings. Lets post scripture fair enough? I can post scripture that says it is the holy spirit that grants understanding, not mans mind. GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
kerryw said:
I guess perception is not one of the gifts God gave you
I value your Feedback. I do not walk on water. I apolgise for coming off as arrogant as I am not. I had a hard day but that does not give me the right to be short. I post here because I want all members to participate. GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
santeg said:
Not at all, I have no believes, only Ideas. I bare no ones flag
Well said. I carry the Lord Jesus Christ's flag and I'm humbled he has allowed me to believe in him. GGBIW

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I see from your profile GGBIW that you have not became a member of the religious group membership yet. I'm sure there are many people there that would appreciate the scripture you are wanting to speak to everyone. I'm not saying it's bad that you've posted here, but if your wanting to talk with people that have your same beliefs you may enjoy the membership. Here's the link to join that group...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I see from your profile GGBIW that you have not became a member of the religious group membership yet. I'm sure there are many people there that would appreciate the scripture you are wanting to speak to everyone. I'm not saying it's bad that you've posted here, but if your wanting to talk with people that have your same beliefs you may enjoy the membership. Here's the link to join that group...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups
They are all believers right? I want the non believers. GGBIW

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
ggbiw said:
to me it just seems odd to not want to talk about the stuff you enjoy talking about with people that also enjoy talking about it. IMO if you try pushing it on the non believers it just makes them want to stay away even more.

I for one have lived my life as open minded as possible but when someone tries to beat something down my throat I kind of stay away. I don't ever talk about if I'm a believer or a non believer here on the forum but I also never try to make someone believe what I do.

Please don't get me wrong, I will always listen to anyone's beliefs with a open mind, but some people just aren't like that.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i love judgemental ppl.. so you are saying if i dont believe in god i cant be your friend? and sorry if i am out of line posting a quetion in this thread.. it just puzzles me that someone could be so closed

·
Check that P clamp!
686 Posts
ggbiw said:
When it comes to non believers I have to agree with St. Francis of Assisi who once said, “Go out and preach the Gospel, and if you have to, use words.”

I think the religious forum was probably created because these type of threads usually turn sour out here.

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
rattletrap said:
I think the religious forum was probably created because these type of threads usually turn sour out here.

rattletrap is correct here. I'm sure ggbiw is sincere but this subject got its own forum for a reason.

btw, ggbiw and I did a bit of a kiss-and-make-up in pm's so I won't be ranting here too much more.

Unless you want to go, Liz! :angeldev:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i love judgemental ppl.. so you are saying if i dont believe in god i cant be your friend? and sorry if i am out of line posting a quetion in this thread.. it just puzzles me that someone could be so closed
I was going to say something about that too. And notice he first said he won't be friends, but then he only wants to talk to non believers.

ggbiw I think it's great you have such strong beliefs! And I also think if everyone did believe the world could possibly be a better place. Fact is, that's not the case, and this kind of talk will end up getting people to argue.

Sorry I keep posting, I know that's just dragging it along and helping the possiblitly of starting a argument :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Religious zealotry and evangelism, regardless of the flavor, annoys the crap outta me. It is the antithesis of tolerance. I would be judged by my actions and character and not by whose name it is in.

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
I have no right to judge anyone. I want no member to perish when the Lord comes for the rapture of his elect. Those left will suffer 5 months of torment in Rev ch 9. After the rapture there is no salvation. Of this I am certain. I could be wrong but that is what I see in the scriptures. GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Religious zealotry and evangelism, regardless of the flavor, annoys the crap outta me. It is the antithesis of tolerance. I would be judged by my actions and character and not by whose name it is in.
I can say this without reservation. Jesus is God as stated in John Ch 1 and Genesis ch 1. If you read those 2 chapters and don't see that ,I have to ask Jesus to give you understanding. I judge no man or woman. GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
Is truth an option or is it up to us to make the terms of salvation? I pray the Lord calls his Elect home. No man comes to Jesus unless The father draws him. John ch 6 v 44. 65-66 GGBIW

·
Retired from GGB
301 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I was going to say something about that too. And notice he first said he won't be friends, but then he only wants to talk to non believers.

ggbiw I think it's great you have such strong beliefs! And I also think if everyone did believe the world could possibly be a better place. Fact is, that's not the case, and this kind of talk will end up getting people to argue.

Sorry I keep posting, I know that's just dragging it along and helping the possiblitly of starting a argument :hidesbeh:
I made the comment about friends after he passed judgement. I have since apoligised to him. GGBIW

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.