Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Religious forum has now been changed to a membership type system the same as the lounge areas are. Val and I can authorize you but we prefer to let OKIE have full control over this area. If you are an active member of that area and would like to share the duties of membership with OKIE please PM me.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To request access to the religious area you need to click you "user CP" in the upper tool bar http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/usercp.php then scroll down were it says "Group Memberships" and select that. Now were is it says the following groups are available to join you need to select the religious group. OKIE will now be taking care of adding members that want access to that area.

Max

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Thanks Max and Okie!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Dear God,

The heathen Texan man offers up complicated words and instructions that may lead me to Your forum, or may lead me into temptation. I am not a technical man but by your grace I beseech thee - use your power and bypass these electronic blockages to your kingdom here on v-rodforums! Put the love of Christ into this man Okie's heart and let him not look into my past, conduct searches of my criminal history or credit worthiness. Break down the barriers of moderation and let your divine light blind those that would otherwise seek to reject me just because of that one time when I lost my temper a little bit at the Convent. In your names sake.

Just kidding lads. Just popped in here to see if I could stir up some trouble like in the political thread about having no more political threads.

Righto then, carry on.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Dear God,

The heathen Texan man offers up complicated words and instructions that may lead me to Your forum, or may lead me into temptation. I am not a technical man but by your grace I beseech thee - use your power and bypass these electronic blockages to your kingdom here on v-rodforums! Put the love of Christ into this man Okie's heart and let him not look into my past, conduct searches of my criminal history or credit worthiness. Break down the barriers of moderation and let your divine light blind those that would otherwise seek to reject me just because of that one time when I lost my temper a little bit at the Convent. In your names sake.

Just kidding lads. Just popped in here to see if I could stir up some trouble like in the political thread about having no more political threads.

Righto then, carry on.
ahem! (no typo) :guns

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Dear God,

Righto then, carry on.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. Job 1:7

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
luxlamf said:
From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. Job 1:7
Which is perhaps the most flippant answer in the Bible.

The opposite?

"Sir, you know." answered John to one of the 24 Elders in Rev 7:14.
It stands as the most respectful in my opinion.

Mark T.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Captain GRMC said:
Which is perhaps the most flippant answer in the Bible.

The opposite?

"Sir, you know." answered John to one of the 24 Elders in Rev 7:14.
It stands as the most respectful in my opinion.

Mark T.
Ah "Revelations" like the book of "Daniel" All apocoliyptic, with Prophesy with its Beast and Blasphemis and colorful visions. Revelations a response for the persecurtion of the Chistians, as The Book of Daniel is the response for Persecution of the Jews.
I prefer Job, his personal tormet and tests.

19:17 My breath is offensive to my wife. I am loathsome to the children of my own mother.

19:18 Even young children despise me. If I arise, they speak against me.

19:19 All my familiar friends abhor me. They whom I loved have turned against me.

19:21 "Have pity on me, have pity on me, you my friends; for the hand of God has touched me.

19:22 Why do you persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?

now that's writting. That's Suffering.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
luxlamf said:
Ah "Revelations" like the book of "Daniel" All apocoliyptic, with Prophesy with its Beast and Blasphemis and colorful visions. Revelations a response for the persecurtion of the Chistians, as The Book of Daniel is the response for Persecution of the Jews.
Certainly John wrote the book of Revelation at the end of the apocalyptic period of writing and understanding the style which Jewish authors used in this period from 200 B.C. to A.D. 100 can aid the reader - but the imagery John uses is from the Old Testament.

In that regard, Revelation does just what its name in the Greek does: it reveals from God through Jesus to John some of the figurative imagery God uses to depict literal events in the Old Testament. Ancient Hebrew relied on word pictures instead of adjectives and adverbs to describe people, things and actions. A "flash" of anger is portrayed as the 'snorting of a horse' for instance. However, now we can see how these various events are tied together and most often a clear explanation is made which translates figurative imagery into plain speech and identifies a literal person, thing or action.

To view Revelation as all mumbo-jumbo is expose one's lack of study. While it is a hard book to read because of the way it is constructed - using parallel accounts (click on link) to relate all the diverse prophecy surrounding the end-times - it can be understood. And as such, it is perhaps the most important book in forming a comprehensive eschatology.

Daniel is not viewed by the Jewish community as a prophet because he was not in Israel proper performing miracles, nor was he a High Priest. Nevertheless, no authority less than Jesus proclaims him to be a prophet and for the Christian, Daniel is one of the major prophets.

Critics likewise relegate Daniel as an historical account because of the unfailing veracity of his near-term prophecy concerning the Greeks. While it is true that the oldest book of Daniel post-dates that period - the style of Daniel's Aramaic reflects a fifth century B.C. usage.

Furthermore, to say Daniel is history written as prophecy is turned on it's head when Daniel 9:26 accurately portrays the crucifixion of Christ (cutting off) and prophesized the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. The critics of Daniel conveniently "miss" these important prophetic utterances - given in the correct sequence - which indicate Daniel includes prophecy fulfilled after its writing.

While Daniel did reflect correctly on the fate of Israel, he also correctly identified Jeremiah's writing as prophetic before it was accepted as Scripture. Because of Daniel's faith, discernment, and devotion to the Lord, he was shown a series of visions and dreams which culminates not only in the very important message from Gabriel in chapter nine, but the last three chapters has the Man in Linen (who from the description Daniel gives and from his actions of worship which are accepted - much as Joshua adopts a position of worship for the Commander of God's Army - I identify this Man as Jesus) giving a detailed description of the end-times to Daniel.

It is very important in Daniel to note that use of near term - far term prophecy. The trials the Israelis would endure under the Greeks is a precursor to the end-times. In that respect, Antiochus IV Epiphanes serves a prototype and as a pivot point to the end-times anti-Christ.

The book of Daniel's theme is God's sovereignty over the nations, and in that respect, it is the only book which gives us a comprehensive view of the world situation in the near-term for Israel 300 years hence, but also and more importantly for us with Daniel's unfailing accuracy in the past - how the world is shaped in the end-times.

Some people also look past Daniel in their studies, and indeed some schools of eschatology omit Daniel as being "too hard" - but to discount the book entirely is to miss some very important lessons and leave out a foundation for putting together a comprehensive view of the nations as the end-times unfolds before our very eyes.

Mark T.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Ahh Sir you are much more read and knowledgable than this Sunday School drop out. Never the less I never meant any of it as Mumbo Jumbo, for I know I am ignorant in many area's of my life, this I do not know enough about to state such a view.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Well then luxlamf, drop on in on the religious forum and ask away.

I'm home-schooled in apolgetics and eschatology and will try to provide an answer for you.

Mark T.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
No, I'm not kidding. The book of Revelation allows us to put much of the jumbled imagery of the OT together in a comprehensive manner because it provides for sequencing of the events depicted.

Now you cannot read the book of Revelation straight through. A novel it is not. For instance, many of us who study prophecy are looking for the final one 'seven' to take place from Daniel 9:24-27. In Daniel, Gabriel splits the last one 'seven' into two halves. In the book of Revelation, you can find no less than five mentions of a three and half year period [time (1 year), times (2 years) and half a time (total 3 1/2); 42 months; 1260 days - all refer to a one half of the one 'seven']. Now adding all five of them up you'll get seventeen and half years which is considerably longer than just seven.

However, if you study, you'll discover that the book of Revelation is written using a age-old convention: parallel accounts.

This technique is not as strange as it sounds. We use the same technique when putting together epic movies like the Lord of the Rings to show concurrent events which happen in different places.

So I can understand how you might look at the book of Revelation as the equivalent of smoking rope and reading physics - but it can be understood. Come over to the religious forum and ask and I'll try to help give you a rudimentary understanding.

Mark T.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Here is ONE for you. I just found out that our wonderful government now wants to pass a law that ALL Christian stations will no longer be able to air their services on TV or radio. Is this communisum or what? Fredom of speech IS NO LONGER. Money & oil which is our governments GOD, that is where their trust lies.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
harleymon said:
Here is ONE for you. I just found out that our wonderful government now wants to pass a law that ALL Christian stations will no longer be able to air their services on TV or radio. Is this communisum or what? Fredom of speech IS NO LONGER. Money & oil which is our governments GOD, that is where their trust lies.
Where did you see/hear that?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
harleymon said:
I find that IMPOSSIBLE.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
harleymon said:
Hmmmm....are you sure? My dad is the station manager of the local Christian radio station here and he hasn't mentioned anything about a law that will shut them down. I'll verify it with him, although I think it would have come up:confused:

Update:
Well, I swung by my parents house to ask my Dad and he laughed and said, "Oh, that's the old RM2493 rumor," he gave me a quick breakdown but I just googled it for you guys instead.

FACT SHEET
<<< BACK <<<
Original issue date: November 1994
UPDATED January, 2002

RELIGIOUS BROADCASTING RUMOR DENIED

A rumor has been circulating since 1975 that Madalyn Murray O'Hair, a widely-known, self-proclaimed atheist, proposed that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) consider limiting or banning religious programming. This rumor is NOT true. It has also been circulated repeatedly that Ms. O'Hair was granted an FCC hearing to discuss her proposal. This, too, is NOT true.

There is no federal law or regulation that gives the FCC the authority to prohibit radio and television stations from presenting religious programs. Actually, the Communications Act of 1934, which created the Commission, specifically prohibits the FCC from censoring broadcast material and interfering with freedom of speech in broadcasting.

The FCC cannot direct any broadcaster to present or withold any announcements or programs on religion and the FCC cannot act as an arbitrator on the insights or accuracy of such material.

Broadcasters, not the FCC, nor any other governmental agency, have the sole responsibility for selecting the programming that is aired by their stations.

Since 1975, the FCC has received and responded to over 25 MILLION inquiries about this rumor. Every effort has been made by the FCC to advise the public of the falsehood of this rumor. (The FCC continues to receive over 1,000,000 inquiries per year on this issue, alone.)

The laws and the FCC's policies on broadcast of religious programming have agreed in numerous publications (including newspapers, religious publications, TV Guide, and Time Magazine) and have been discussed in religious group meetings.

- - - FCC - - -

If you want even more detailed information, you can read about it directly from the FCC's WEBSITE.

(The preceeding text was quoted from an official FCC letter.)

Imagine if the resources spent on this FALSE RUMOR were, instead, given to the Lord's work. Please do your part to spread the word that this "Petition RM2493" is FALSE. If someone gives you a copy of it, please inform them that it is UNTRUE and has been circulating since the 1970's. Even the American Atheist's organization, itself, has attempted to refute this "petition" because of the constant barrage of inquiries. They are NOT involved in this issue, and never have been.

RECENT NEWS: This HOAX petetion has been given another breath of life, now threatening to remove the popular TV show, "Touched by an Angel" because it frequently mentions God. THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE! As the FCC has said over and over, they do not have the authority to "censor" GOD from broadcast programming. Their recent attempt to regulate the religious content of SOME Non-Commercial TV stations was soundly rejected and overturned.

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
That was too funny K. Scott....... I am a christian man and that was good clean humor.......too bad more people can't loosen up and laugh a little....

I salute Steve Irwin for the man he was and pray for only the best for his Wife, Daughter, Mother & Father.

Ride Safe, & God Bless, JC

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.