Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let's just say (hypothetically, of course, because no one would be this stupid...) someone didn't have a lift and proceeded to remove the shocks. How would said individual now get them back on? :banghead:
:stupid:

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
you didn't?

:D

go to Sears and buy a lift... it won't fit under the bike, so pick up a few pieces of scrap wood to put under the tires.

don't worry, I won't tell anyone... ;)
No, Joe....see I know this guy...and BTW, he told me to tell you thanks for the suggestion. :stooge:

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ricky G. said:
I agree ... There are several was to reduce the pressure of of the shock... Just seems a bit chancy to do the SOUTHERN CHOPPERS STYLE ...... :moped:

To each his or hers own... What ever floats your boat..... :cheers: :cheers:
I'll be combining the best of all suggestions. As of right now, I'll be using a lift while drinking a beer. :thumb:

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
hey, an engine hoist and a tow strap would work too ;)
I went to Sears and picked up a lift, then picked up a six pack of some fine pale ale. Have mastered the operation of the beer. Won't mess with the lift until I get my shocks back from Skullman.

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rmdbillet said:
Um, "chancy"? Not sure what part of that would be chancy but I've done it more than once with no problems - and the guys I helped out didn't have to put down $100 for a jack they didn't need. :2cents:

Based on the need for this thread, it would be chancy with my lack of mechanical saavy. After spending "X" dollars for all the mods, what's another $100 for a jack I should've had anyway? (Plus $7 for the sixpack)

· Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
FastVRSCA said:
I got one shock on and off without a lift by myself (installed side plate mount), not sure if i could with both off though, it was tough to lift on the bike and get the bottom bolt started.But it can be done.
Good work, Shawn. I think you would have been in for a surprise if you'd pulled that 2nd shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.