Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it posted that the Reinhart 2-1 is not compatible with mid-controls. Can anyone be specific? I Love the pipe - want to make it my next exhaust for my 06D - but am not willing to give up the mid-brake and peg. Where specifically is the interference? Collector pipe in the way of the brake lever? Peg mount in the way? Where there's a will - there's a mod. Just wondering how difficult.

Gazoo - you ran a Reinhart 2-1 on the Green Meanie, didn't you?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dead eye said:
I have got 07 D,2/1 rinehart will work with a few mods. check my pics.
Cool. I can't see what you had to mod...?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Streetrodder06 has one on his R, as does KWIKR, and Brian does, too.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked with several dealers and on the Bub website - ALL of them say the Rinehart 2-1 is NOT compatible with mid-controls.

Could someone please explain to me what/where the interference is? This is an expensive pipe, so I want to understand why the manufacturer claims it won't fit before I shell out the $$ - I'm slow, so still don't get it. Please use small words and type slowly....

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Streetrodder06 has one on his R, as does KWIKR, and Brian does, too.
And vrodderD too. Alex it will work, there is just some modification you have to do to the mounting bracker or else theres a special bracket you have to get. PM one of the guys who has it and they'll tell you!

Or you can just get a CFR.... :cupcake

:)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NightMare said:

CFR IS tempting - I could keep my stock headers and the O2 sensors right where they are and not have to go through the PITA of mocking them up, drilling, welding in the bungs....

But the Rinehart is just so dang purdy!! And despite what some of us would prefer to believe, longer IS better!

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
NightMare said:
And vrodderD too. Alex it will work, there is just some modification you have to do to the mounting bracker or else theres a special bracket you have to get. PM one of the guys who has it and they'll tell you!

As Kerri said, check with Tim (vrodderD). I looked at his bike at the dealer after he had his "moment" and traded it in for the Road King. The mods he had to do to mount this pipe would have to be very suttle because I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. The pipe looked great on his bike.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i have to agree alex that rhinehart is a sweet ass pipe.. if i were to change that is what i would have.. i know its no help to you .. just telling you how i feel about it LOL

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dead eye said:
Cut the long arm off,that way you can use the rubber mount, I had to trim off one of the ears to clear to brake pedal, some people put dent in the pipe to clear brake pedal.
THANK YOU!!!

So the interference is just the mount, NOT the pipes? I can easily work with that. Just wanted to make sure I can keep the mid-peg and brake.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I did mine a little differently, but it still works just as well. If I knew how to link to another post I would!! Check the VRSCR section, and I will bring my install to the top.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Also of note, I did have to "clearance" the pipe a little right below the rear brake pedal. Just used a hammer and a folded up shop towel to bend it down enough!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dead eye said:
The brake pedal will hit one chrome ear on the pipe.
My inclination is to grind/bend/reshape the brake pedak, then. This will be a winter mod - I'll have plenty of head-scratching time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts