Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get a title when you buy a Destroyer, or do you just get a bill of sale? I was always curious about it. If you did try to register it, are the VIN's flagged at DMV?

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
LIke any motor vehicle you get a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) , also known as a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) issued by HD.

It has explicit statements regarding use, title & registration, any prudent registry official will not allow registration for street use, though some states might have policies to issue a title only for the purpose of demonstrating chain of ownership.

Not all states follow this, my state (Mass.) refused to issue me a title in exchange for the MSO/bill-of-sale, their suggestions was to maintain the bills of sales from my purchase forward to subsequent owners (if I were to sell it) and that is not going to happen for some time .... if ever.....at least the next owner could prove rightful possession

BTW: there have been stories of fact of other folks successfully registering the Destroyer for street use, but IMHO, it would require plenty of safety related modifications for reasonable street riding, ways of getting around that are engine swap to a streetable chassis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts