Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the reflectors on the front have any kind of "real" safety value? Or are they just begging to be taken off?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I'm a morning person, the best time of the day.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's His Special Coffee!I think it's Nuclear!:spit:

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
After I posted some pics the Kaz man passed on one of his little pleasantries about the issue. I took them off. I will tell you that though a minor item, it really cleaned up the bike. The reflectors are a distcraction -- especially if you've taken the time and money to make your 'Rod look good. Take 'em off, you'll see.

·
4,638 Posts
TY,
Will look much better with reflectors off .... Be carefull not to scratch the forks when removing......Heat gun and end of wooden clothes pin will not scratch ....

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
They are begging to be removed. GooBeGone is great for removing the last of the adhesive.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Michael333,
it's called Tuff Love!:slap2: If I did'nt care about you and your V-rod I would Have not said a Thing!:spank2:

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Aw Kaz.... I'm getting teary eyed ...

I know that youl always strive to bring out the best in every one....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I posted the links because I wanted to make sure that he read both sides of the issue. Just because I took mine off that doesn't make it right, just my choice. I am always glad to see both sides of any story posted as long as we do it in a positive manner.

Max

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Max said:
I posted the links because I wanted to make sure that he read both sides of the issue. Just because I took mine off that doesn't make it right, just my choice. I am always glad to see both sides of any story posted as long as we do it in a positive manner.

Max
Always the diplomat!!! :notworthy

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
That is going to be tomorrow's project. Going to try the blow dryer with dental floss and goo-gone.

Those things look as bad as wheel reflectors on a $1000 bicycle.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Larry: I just pried mine off. No drier, no floss. Needed a little goobegone, though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
mine are off. came off real easy and really made for a cleaner look. as a police officer, i know of no illinois law that requires them. the public safety officer in me would tell others to leave them on as i would think that they offer some added visablility at night. but i also tell other not to speed......

i guess do as i say and not as i do

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:spank2: ;) I told Ya So!:fahr38

·
Registered
214 Posts
The fishing line trick worked great for me. Just did it this eve. My GF's fingernail polish remover worked great for removing the leftover adhesive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts