Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the reflectors from the bottom of the front shocks? If so was there any evidence of them being there?

Elrod on the V-rod

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Do it ASAP!:yak:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I have not yet but going to when it gets warmer here.Take a hair-dryer to warm it up.Then take dental floss(teflon coated)to it,like a saw.To remove the glue use lighter fluid.will look like it was never there.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Call me stupid but why is everyone so interested in making the bike less visible to cages? I understand the aesthetics issues but I think they need to be balanced with safety issues as well. :2cents

Flame suit on ;)

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I on my way out to the garage to start ripping the government required silly assed looking reflectors from the front of my rod!

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark,
thats what I love about this place!We have a Few Very Apposing opinions!;) I think my Elf Suit makes me Plenty Visible even with out my fork reflectors!:rolleyes: :diablo:

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
here's my opposing positions (or Apposing positions...for Kaz):
I like the stock seat....it stays.
I like the HD chrome upper and lower covers...much better looking than anything else I've seen.
The reflectors stay...It's a safety issue and anything (within reason) to make me better seen is a good thing. Any idea what your insurance would do if you were T-boned and they discovered that all your side reflectors were removed? (I have no idea, but it's a concern...any way for them to get out of paying!)
Just my two cents........
>>>-------------> Crash

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it is a DOT requirment for front and rear side reflectors to be on the bike for a dealer that has a licsense for selling complete cycles.My brother and I work for a company that is exempt from this because the bikes are sold as a kit,leave the mirrors off and ship them separatley for the customer to install.The licsensing and customs are less restrictive this way.Don't know about ins. requirments are,but I will find out.I wonder what would happen if they just happend to fall off?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Reflectors suck................................................lost them as soon as I got home the first day!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Strange!Mine fell off this morning somewhere on my driveway and I can't find the damd things,can't afford new ones either.Oh well!

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
:)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's kinda Like when you get a new Bicycle and it has the reflectors on the wheels and front / rear of the bike.You take them right off or everyone will know It's your New Bike and You don't Know it's not Cool!;)

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
WORM said:
Hey Doc!!!!
how about LED side markers???
You might as well put an "EAT AT JOE'S" sign on it too!

Or grab some presents and glue them to the sides..........it would be a close second to the Christmas tree!!!! :yak:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not just put 4 ft.flouresent bulbs in place of the forks and then put the joe's sign where the tag is!

Elrod on the V-Rod
And maybe barber poles for the rear shocks.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Kaz,

Yep, we can agree to disagree but this item isn't a big deal for me so it's not even a disagreement. Like you said, just an opposing opinion (or would that be Apposing???;)). I don't dislike the reflectors so it's no big deal for me, I'll leave them on. In reality they probably do very little for visibility so if they weren't there I wouldn't worry but I'm with Crash, every little bit helps ;)

Of course, if they really rubbed me the wrong way then they'd be gone about as fast as yours were :)

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Just remove the reflectors and the HD logo from the calipers.In place of the logo put a reflective sticker.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't do that either,already took the HD's off and put the carbonfibre stickers on.We just can't win here.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
1,738 Posts
I'm with mjw 930. Bike would look better without them, but safety first I say. I can live with them, and just might not, without them.

If I spend big bucks on Doc's Ultimate Package for safety reasons (not simply to loose the Dog's Ass like some of you) and then take off the reflectors, I would be inconsistant, to say the least.

Fred

1 - 20 of 23 Posts