Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I have not yet but going to when it gets warmer here.Take a hair-dryer to warm it up.Then take dental floss(teflon coated)to it,like a saw.To remove the glue use lighter fluid.will look like it was never there.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Call me stupid but why is everyone so interested in making the bike less visible to cages? I understand the aesthetics issues but I think they need to be balanced with safety issues as well. :2cents

Flame suit on ;)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark,
thats what I love about this place!We have a Few Very Apposing opinions!;) I think my Elf Suit makes me Plenty Visible even with out my fork reflectors!:rolleyes: :diablo:

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
here's my opposing positions (or Apposing positions...for Kaz):
I like the stock seat....it stays.
I like the HD chrome upper and lower covers...much better looking than anything else I've seen.
The reflectors stay...It's a safety issue and anything (within reason) to make me better seen is a good thing. Any idea what your insurance would do if you were T-boned and they discovered that all your side reflectors were removed? (I have no idea, but it's a concern...any way for them to get out of paying!)
Just my two cents........
>>>-------------> Crash

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it is a DOT requirment for front and rear side reflectors to be on the bike for a dealer that has a licsense for selling complete cycles.My brother and I work for a company that is exempt from this because the bikes are sold as a kit,leave the mirrors off and ship them separatley for the customer to install.The licsensing and customs are less restrictive this way.Don't know about ins. requirments are,but I will find out.I wonder what would happen if they just happend to fall off?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's kinda Like when you get a new Bicycle and it has the reflectors on the wheels and front / rear of the bike.You take them right off or everyone will know It's your New Bike and You don't Know it's not Cool!;)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Kaz,

Yep, we can agree to disagree but this item isn't a big deal for me so it's not even a disagreement. Like you said, just an opposing opinion (or would that be Apposing???;)). I don't dislike the reflectors so it's no big deal for me, I'll leave them on. In reality they probably do very little for visibility so if they weren't there I wouldn't worry but I'm with Crash, every little bit helps ;)

Of course, if they really rubbed me the wrong way then they'd be gone about as fast as yours were :)

·
1,738 Posts
I'm with mjw 930. Bike would look better without them, but safety first I say. I can live with them, and just might not, without them.

If I spend big bucks on Doc's Ultimate Package for safety reasons (not simply to loose the Dog's Ass like some of you) and then take off the reflectors, I would be inconsistant, to say the least.

Fred

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.