Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the reduced reach pegs would work on the highway pegs for my 06 D model. I hate to say it, but my short legs make the highway pegs pretty much worthless - my right leg is right up against the exhaust. So, I was curious if the reduced reach peg kit would work on the highway pegs opf my D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LIUNARep said:
Yes they do, I have them on mine.
Thanks! I will be picking up a set in the near future.
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
Ruthann's D has them. They work. I need to make a sleeve for them. They are machined down for the controls to slide over, and look a bit odd. But they work.
 

·
Official bike nut
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
91Vette said:
I was wondering if the reduced reach pegs would work on the highway pegs for my 06 D model. I hate to say it, but my short legs make the highway pegs pretty much worthless - my right leg is right up against the exhaust. So, I was curious if the reduced reach peg kit would work on the highway pegs opf my D.

What is the part number for the reduced reach pegs?
 

·
Don't think, ride.
Joined
·
752 Posts
91Vette said:
I was wondering if the reduced reach pegs would work on the highway pegs for my 06 D model. I hate to say it, but my short legs make the highway pegs pretty much worthless - my right leg is right up against the exhaust. So, I was curious if the reduced reach peg kit would work on the highway pegs opf my D.
Are you just wanting to bring the highway pegs closer or are you moving the controls forward? I just bought the Kuryakyn 4 inch lockable offsets and put a Kuryakyn peg on them and that is all needed to use the highway pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3281
 

·
Official bike nut
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Night Rodder said:
Are you just wanting to bring the highway pegs closer or are you moving the controls forward? I just bought the Kuryakyn 4 inch lockable offsets and put a Kuryakyn peg on them and that is all needed to use the highway pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3281
I would like the highway pegs closer to me. I recently switched to the Sundowner seat and while it is more comfortable on the long haul, I think I still need to either work it a bit or try another seat. It has lowered me a bit, (which I didn't need) but brought me closer to the highway pegs. (which I did need, but not yet totally comfortable) Since I'm still not totally comfortable with them, I want something that will get my short legs on top of the highway pegs. I read there were some products out there that do this, but at the cost of hitting the header pipes and or such.
 

·
Official bike nut
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Night Rodder said:
Are you just wanting to bring the highway pegs closer or are you moving the controls forward? I just bought the Kuryakyn 4 inch lockable offsets and put a Kuryakyn peg on them and that is all needed to use the highway pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3281


I looked at your gallery but couldn't see any clear pics of this set up, would you mind sending a couple of shots of your new highway peg set ups? Do they interfere any with the pipes?
 

·
Don't think, ride.
Joined
·
752 Posts
Yarvis said:
I looked at your gallery but couldn't see any clear pics of this set up, would you mind sending a couple of shots of your new highway peg set ups? Do they interfere any with the pipes?
Here is my setup, looks good to me but you will not be able to fully retract them, they will hit the exhaust and alternator cover but I never retract them anyway.
 

Attachments

·
Official bike nut
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Night Rodder said:
Here is my setup, looks good to me but you will not be able to fully retract them, they will hit the exhaust and alternator cover but I never retract them anyway.


Does look good, but I'm anal when it comes to this bike. Not having them fully retract out of the way when not needed would be kind of a deal breaker for me.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top