Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all im 5.6 and lets say i have a hard time beeing able to shift properly is the a big difference between this kits for sale cause there is a big price difference?

anyone has the same problem? or found any other alternativ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm 5'7" with mid controls and love them but I was looking into dual controls... there are 3 things you can do to help you out. 1) buy reduced reach foot pegs to bring them back an inch, 2) buy a reduced reach seat which will bring you about 1.5" forward, and 3) reduced reach handle bars which can bring them back about 2". Personally, I would say go with the seat first because that will bring you closer to the pegs and handlebars. If you are still reaching from there then go with the pegs. I would leave the handlebars last because they take more time to replace and don't bring you feet closer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i just baught the bike and i think it has the reduced seat but not too shure!

harley makes 2 kits for the reduces foot control
1-is only the pegs
2 is the pegs, gear rod and a new brake

im just trying to figure out if the kit is really worth 300$ and if these a big difference between the kit and only the pegs

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can try the reach seat first. It's cheaper then buying the reduced reach control kit; plus it's a quicker install. The reduced reach pegs only move the pegs back, while the reduced reach control kit includes the reduced reach pegs and moves the shifter and brake back about by an inch. If the seat doesn't work, then you can add the reduced reach control kit and be even closer. Like nightrob said you can also add the reduced bar.
If cost isn't a concern you can go with rizoma rear set or look at other brands which are cheaper, but from what I read the quality is somewhat not desirable.
I'm in the process of fitting the night rod mid controls on mine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I recently bought the seat and it was night and day difference. I am 5-5 so I would go with the seat first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts