Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for this but no one really answered my question. I am looking to install the reduced reach HD handlebars and was wondering if anybody could tell me if by installing these it reduced the strain on the neck & shoulders. After longer rides, my shoulders are very tight. I am thinking that reduced reach bars may help. I don't feel like I am stretching to reach to exsisting bars. I am almost ready to change my front end to chrome. I thought that while I had it apart it would be alot easier to go ahead and do the bars at the same time. I am slightly afraid that they maybe too close. I would hate to spend the $$$ and not like them.

Thanks

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Hey john, I noticed that strain the first long, windy ride. Its from holding that sail (you) in the wind. A windscreen will help with that too. Since I put on the windvest, I dont feel like I have been doing rowing for 3 hours after a long ride.

Greg

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Greg687 said:
A windscreen will help with that too.
I'll second that - while the V-Rod is generally a pretty comfortable bike, the upright seating position does mean you get a lot of wind pressure on your chest, especially at highway speeds. I'd try a windshield (the S/S or bigger) before messing with your bars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Me three !!!

I have the reduced reach bars and STILL get the neck/shoulders stiffness after longer rides.

A windshield would be a better solution.

EE

·
AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I do have the S/S windshield but I prefer not to use it in the warmer weather. I like the feel of the wind when it is 85. I only use the windshield when it is cooler. Makes sense that this is more a wind effect than a reach problem. I think I'll spend the cash on something else. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts