Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of mids but came across a reduced reach forward control set up by Altered State. Puts the controls another 2.25 inches closer to the rider, It looks like a nice product.
I'm looking for feedback from folks are using them. I'm 5'2" and think that these are just the thing I am searching for.
https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/product-page/2012-3-reduced-reach-controls

Reactions: Donjun

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered the controls yesterday, should get them in a week or so.
It looks like Keith does some nice work based on some of the pics on the website. Also I found a pic of some custom controls he made for his bike that he posted, very nice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let us know what you think.

I didn’t think an extra 2” was worth 600 bucks. I may be wrong
It's an extra 2.25" not 2":bash:
It's 66.00 per 1/4 inch.:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Keith’s products are great. I’ve had two sets of controls and the pillion extension. Great quality and overall design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keith’s products are great. I’ve had two sets of controls and the pillion extension. Great quality and overall design.

That's what I've been waiting to hear. I'll add that I have e-mailed Keith half a dozen times and he always gets right back to me.
I'm luck that Keith makes this option, my 27" inseam will now seem like 29 1/4" after the new controls are in place. :hyper:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol
I’m only 5’6” (30 inseam) .....it’s be awesome if you were close by to try it out
I'm 5'2" so these controls will help keep me off the "tank" (air box shroud).
I will post some pics and report back once I get them installed.
H.N.Y.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are my latest controls. Love the toe/heel action.

I asked about the heel toe shifter but Keith said it can't be done on the reduced reach style.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the 4" extended controls I'm 6'1 34" inseam. Keith does amazing work he had them to me in 3 days after we emailed back and forth awesome guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been thinking of mids but came across a reduced reach forward control set up by Altered State. Puts the controls another 2.25 inches closer to the rider, It looks like a nice product.
I'm looking for feedback from folks are using them. I'm 5'2" and think that these are just the thing I am searching for.
2012+ 3" Reduced Reach Controls | alteredstatedesign
Hi.....i'm so happy i found this page!.....i've been looking for 4 days for reduced reach controls.......i have a 2017 night rod special and currently using mid controls. Im 5' exact and riding mid controls can get uncomfortable with long rides......How are those controls working for you? seeing that this post is 4 yrs old. I emailed the weblink you posted hope they are still in business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts