Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Harley offers a Reduced Reach Control Kit, and also they have just the Reduced Reach Footpeg Kit. They both move the pegs back an inch, but one comes with new shifter and brake lever, and shift linkage, all for $299. If you buy just the reduce reach pegs do you need the other stuff (brake and shifter, and shift linkage) also????

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
The difference between the two is that one has the controls matched to the kit (in that they are bent over an inch to match the spacer the kit uses) and the other uses the stock controls (which are 1" or so further away from your foot) ...

I used the kit without the controls and I find it fine ... you just have to move your foot slightly (oh the horror) ...

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
homemade reduced pegs

This mod is a bit cheaper than the harley kit(about $20) I have brought the pegs up and back about 2.5" but it could be as much or as little as you want.A big bonus from this mod is the extra lean angle you get, also the pedal sits just under the ball of your foot so you dont have to lift it when breaking.On the gearshift side you need to cut the gearshift lever and weld in about 1" to enable you to get your boot under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Havent tried anything yet, soon as I got the tags switched over the temp dropped under 35, bike has been covered. Just trying to decide what Im going to do over the winter....

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
At 5’3” – I needed a little help reaching the forward controls on my 03. The reach seat was all I needed. The reach pegs without the controls will change the relationship of the stock shifter and rear brake pedal to the reach pegs. The only complaint I’ve read about this is that sometimes ones foot with get hung up under the brake pedal if not moved over and lifted first as sinic mentioned. Personally, this would be enough of a safety issue that if I needed them I would purchase both the pegs and the controls that go with them. I would want nothing hindering my braking ability in a must stop now situation.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Im going to go that rought...my girl got me the reduce reach bars for Xmas, so I just need to get the frnt brake line. Im going to do those and the RR foot control kit. I like the pattern on the stock seat, I cant see the pattern on the RR seat...is it the same?

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
... I like the pattern on the stock seat, I cant see the pattern on the RR seat...is it the same?
You know its been so long now I can't remember but I think they're the same since the reach seat matches the pillon - which is not changed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So Harley offers a Reduced Reach Control Kit, and also they have just the Reduced Reach Footpeg Kit. They both move the pegs back an inch, but one comes with new shifter and brake lever, and shift linkage, all for $299. If you buy just the reduce reach pegs do you need the other stuff (brake and shifter, and shift linkage) also????
After about 400 miles I put mid controls on my 08 CDX. All Harley Parts. I'm 5'9" tall but could not take the FWD controls on the Highway or for more than an hour. It was big bucks and a little bit of a project but for me it made the bike fit. Left the FWD pegs for Highway pegs but really never use them much at all. Anyway VMOD.Com now makes a set of mids that look cool and are a much easyer install and cheaper. You should check them out.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first Vrod had the mids, and I know I will miss them the most between the 2 bikes, but this is the bike I would have bought, had I not bought the "D" first....I like kicking my feet up cruising, but I love the mids for shifting and hitting the SS'S.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi i have the reduced reach bars, but i need the part number for the brakeline that fits between master cylinder and abs unit the standard one is too short

Regards
Jossi
Sweden

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just put on the reach seat, took about 5 minutes and has made a world of difference. It's a cheap quick fix, so I would try that first. I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam. The bike is very comfortable now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts