Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Freedom
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago I installed the 69464-06 Auxiliary Running Light/Brake Light/Signal Conversion kit with the red lenses for the turn signals to increase visibility. Great product and works slick. So, I had a few other parts to order so I also picked up the 69374-05A Chrome Bullet Turn Signal Kit to replace the black bullet signals on the dogs ass. Simple installation, no problem, right? WRONG! Get everything installed, wired, working and back together and I go to change the amber lenses that came with the chrome bullets to the red lenses from the other kit that were on the black bullets, and...they don't fit! WTF? They will not snap into the chrome housings. Appears that the retaining ring that is part of the red lens does not extend far enough into the housing to snap into the slot in the chrome bullets. Anybody come across this issue before and how did you get it resolved?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The rear signal lights on the stock V-Rod are a bastard child. The chrome upgrade is probably a "deuce" style, like the front lights. So any red lens for a deuce style light should work for you.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
The rear taillights of the Vrod are different you need to get special red lenses for them... the silver bullets which take a different lens as you found out are the more typical harley lens... however the harley red lens that come in the package for the v-rod are for the stock turn signals... however you should be able to pick up red lenses for the silver bullets pretty easily...

·
Member #415
1,712 Posts
HighTechHarley said:
The rear signal lights on the stock V-Rod are a bastard child. The chrome upgrade is probably a "deuce" style, like the front lights. So any red lens for a deuce style light should work for you.
They are indeed.
I did this mod. Just get lenses for chrome bullet rear signals.

·
Freedom
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much, looks like a trip to the shop tomorrow in search of the other red lenses. Any chance someone knows the part number. I guess I could also buy clear lenses and a pair of amber bulbs for the front and reds for the rear.

·
Freedom
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I have a set that should fit,let me know w an address and I'll mail them out to you.

Elrod on the V-Rod
That would be great! I sent you a PM. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed the Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit (part # 69580-07). I had swapped out the original signals for the Chrome Bullet Turn Signal Kit (part # 69374-05A for '02-later domestic VRSCA, VRSCB, VRSCD and '07 VRSCX models). LUCKILY I had already stumbled across this very thread before I did the swap, so I knew that I would need the additional red lenses to fit: they are part # 68217-00. They were another $10.00 each at the dealership (geesh!), but they worked like a charm.

I just thought I'd post this in the event it too can help others as it did me. Once again the forum saves the day!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just installed the Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit (part # 69580-07). I had swapped out the original signals for the Chrome Bullet Turn Signal Kit (part # 69374-05A for '02-later domestic VRSCA, VRSCB, VRSCD and '07 VRSCX models). LUCKILY I had already stumbled across this very thread before I did the swap, so I knew that I would need the additional red lenses to fit: they are part # 68217-00. They were another $10.00 each at the dealership (geesh!), but they worked like a charm.

I just thought I'd post this in the event it too can help others as it did me. Once again the forum saves the day!
Just sent you a PM

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just sent you a PM
(sorry for the delay) PM back at ya! Post how it goes (or how it went, considering the time that passed).

For what it's worth, I saw the correct "deuce" style lense replacements in the J&P Cycles Catalog for a lot less than the price the dealer sells them for.

·
Registered
296 Posts
(sorry for the delay) PM back at ya! Post how it goes (or how it went, considering the time that passed).

For what it's worth, I saw the correct "deuce" style lense replacements in the J&P Cycles Catalog for a lot less than the price the dealer sells them for.
Answer your PM and once again thanks for your opinions, as indeed the dealer realizes now that the current red lens needs to be replaced with one that fits?? They are NUTS over there!

German

1 - 15 of 15 Posts