Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my red key and right indicator staying on . bike starts then shuts down i guesing its a tssm problem and allso the fob wont rest the alarm

Fob and bike battery both replaced
codeU1255=missing response at tssm
allso i have puld 40amp fuse to try reset tssm

How can i fix this problem i realy need help????????

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
pull the codes to see if you are throwing any

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the push button HD alarms, but do you need to "remarry" the FOB to the bike after you replace the battery?

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
code U1255 = missing response at tssm
serial data missing error,
You might have a loose wire, you hope,
Might be bad ecm, you dont hope

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hope it not the ecm i would thougt if ecm buggerd it wouldnt even start . Its got be somthink to do with tssm but who nos?

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
In the electr. manual it has these 2 possibilities,
I had the same code when i moved the ecm, I had a few lose wires,
Their is a procedure in the manual to control, but you need a Breaker box, so they say.
maybe some of the experts will chime in

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
i'm not very familiar with the push button hd alarms, but do you need to "remarry" the fob to the bike after you replace the battery?
no

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
Did this come on all of a sudden? Were you working on the bike? It sounds like the TSSM has taken a dump. Look for loose connections there and at the ECM. If you got a buddy with a similar TSSM, try swapping yours with his. This will require the remarrying procedure (TSSM to ECM) documented on this forum. Here is a link to the attachment I have posted before View attachment 141924

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i was working on the bike I replaced the run start and right side indicator switch controls. And allso replaced battery

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
yes i was working on the bike I replaced the run start and right side indicator switch controls. And allso replaced battery
Recheck your work closely. Make sure all switch functions are working. I can't see why this would impact TSSM function but you never know. Check all your fuses also.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You did remove the Maxi Fuse first, right? The TSSM is pretty sensitive to voltage surging. If you were changing the battery, I can imagine the bike getting juice "intermittently" as you are hooking up the battery terminals. That can cause issues with the TSSM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i didnt remove the fuse and you are correct it was sort of on an off hooking up the terminals. Does this mean the tssm is cooked? or can i just do the remary prcedure? any ieas?

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
no i didnt remove the fuse and you are correct it was sort of on an off hooking up the terminals. Does this mean the tssm is cooked? or can i just do the remary prcedure? any ieas?
Should not cook the TSSM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i done the remary procedure today and did not work because the security key did not go away. time to go the shop i think!

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
i done the remary procedure today and did not work because the security key did not go away. time to go the shop i think!
Before you do, How far into the marry procedure did you get before recognizing failure? If the procedures are not followed EXACTLY then it will not work. If all indicators did not come on when they are supposed to then possibly you missed a step or did not do them correctly.
The first time I had to marry a HFSM to a ECM it took me a bunch of tries before I succeeded.

Try it again and again before admitting defeat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts