Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'1250' CC
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from long stay overseas. Shipped bike from Minneapolis to Daytona for rally. Need to install new TTS super charger pulley plate to left side of engine. No tools with me. Can anyone recommend a repair or dealership place in Daytona Beach where they might be able to help me with this installation? Or know any members who could help me.
Be there Monday.
Thanks
Richard=BUSDRIVER

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I live appr. 100 miles west of Daytona.If you want to make arrangements with me to bring your bike to my little garage,I will be willing to help you.
I'm sending you a pm.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Richard and Al, I have had mine on and off so often it is a piece of cake. Are you replacing it because the mail seal leaks at the PTO? Call if you get into trouble or stumped. Should take a set of allens, a flat tip, and patience! Joe

·
'1250' CC
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Capt. Jam,

Yes I do have the oil leak at the PTO.
Installing new chrome pulley plate and cover from TTS, but have to
Replace main bolt behind alternator derby cover. Have you done this already? Could you pm me your number please? Would like to ask you a few questions.
Thanks
Richard

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Richard and Al, I have had mine on and off so often it is a piece of cake. Are you replacing it because the mail seal leaks at the PTO? Call if you get into trouble or stumped. Should take a set of allens, a flat tip, and patience! Joe
I have plenty of tools,including a little patience.:)I've been in a couple of Revo's and build automatic transmissions for a living.
Richard is supposed to come to my place on Monday.I've never done this,but I love a challenge,big or small.If there are any critical notes that we will need,please let us know.

Thanks CPTJAM :notworth:

·
'1250' CC
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went over to Al's 20 acre ranch on Monday in Citra Florida.
Al is a very talented and knowledgable guy. He spot welded and fabricated some longer bolts and spacers that we needed to complete the supercharger pulley plate installation We also stopped the oil leak and cursed the fact that we kept having to put on our reading glasses to see the small parts on the engine. He told a few funny stories and made the installation a good experience. Even though he lives out in the boondocks I would highly recommend anybody in the area who needs a little help with thier modifcations and maitenance to visit Al.
Anyhow if you are at the V-rod meeting Thursday morning in Daytona you can see our finished work.
Thanks again Al!!
Some pictures attached.
Richard the BUSDRIVER.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Way to go Al !!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm glad I got to help.Man,I look like I need a fix in those pictures.Wow do I look rough.

I learned how the TTS system works and now I understand why the original design was leaking oil.The addition of the metal clad garter spring type seal in the new drive hub did the job for retaining the oil.the new housing and cover looks good too.
Because of the difference in the counter sunk bolt holes,we needed 3 of them about .750 longer.Instead of making a 20 mile round trip to the bolt store,I just welded some extra length to the existing bolts to make them longer.Richard got a kick outa that.We had to make a shim for the drive pulley to keep it from rubbing the housing.A .065 thick modified SS washer fixed that part right up.
I enjoyed talking with Richard and meeting another V-Rod owner from a different walk of life.He's definitely has a very unique V-Rod.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
It's members like Al that make this place rock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts