Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the RT version 32107-01B from Chicago Harley, they sent the 32107-01A with a date of 07/16/03. I also ordered the 28 tooth pulley setup. Should I return the A version for the B version, or does the A version have the required programs for the 28 tooth pulley?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Sasquatch, I think that the update software is all that is needed with the A version to allow for the 28 tooth pulley. Mark had shared a PM with me that said his A version would do the 28 tooth and that he had already tested it. He should be along to clarify this.

Max

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Guys,

The "A" version CANNOT reset the speedo. The "B" Version CAN.

The difference between the two is simply the software, -01A is version 3.2 of the Tuning Mode and Data Mode software. -01B is version 3.5 of the Tuning Mode and Data Mode software.

The map file formats are different so there's an import capability to read old files and save them as new.

I had the -01A version and upgraded the software to the -01B version. All of the hardware is the same between the two versions, only the software is different.

You can return the RT and wait for the replacement OR you can check your PM inbox :cool:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Hell Sasquatch,
I say you return that Race Tuner and just give that 28 tooth pulley to me. That will show them! Whaddya say?!!? Should I PM you my address?:D

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max and mjw,
I just got off the phone with Chicago Harley. Seemed very helpful, however they did not have the upgrade part number provided to me by mjw in their system. Therefore, I'm going to return the whole thing to them and they will send me the -01B version. I get a little nervous not having it exactly correct from the dealer. Don't want to give them any excuse!!

VRodScout,
As you can see I am returning the RT. I'm just not sure what to do with that 28 tooth pulley while I wait. Hmmmm ... I'd just go ahead an give your address directly into the forum that way if anyone had something they would like to send you they could go ahead. You might get all sorts of neat things!! :D

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Max and mjw,
I just got off the phone with Chicago Harley. Seemed very helpful, however they did not have the upgrade part number provided to me by mjw in their system. Therefore, I'm going to return the whole thing to them and they will send me the -01B version. I get a little nervous not having it exactly correct from the dealer. Don't want to give them any excuse!!
I'm not exactly sure what dealer excuse you're refering to since the upgrade is a simple and standard item (and they sold you an obsolete part anyway) but you have to be the one who's comfortable with the situation, not me.

Even though the PN is not in their system they can order P/N 32117-01B by phone from Harley because that's what my dealer did and I'm looking at that part number on a package and CD right now. Wimps.....:slap2:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mjw930 said:
Wimps.....:slap2:
Are you referring to me or the dealer? ;)

I have no doubt that you gave me the correct number. I'll be patient and let them send me the correct part. If they get it wrong a second time, then I may be a bit irritated. The excuse they used is that it ain't in their system. Maybe they weren't as helpful as I thought. Oh well, they are paying to ship the wrong part back and paying to ship the correct part to me. I've had to wait longer for things before. I suppose I'll live till they get it to me.

By the way, thanks for you're help!!!

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Hale's has the stuff in-stock

Call Hale' HD

They understand the way that this product has changed and have all the current parts in stock. If you call today and ask for Fed-Ex overnight, you would have it on Tuesday (although they typically ship Fed-Ex ground). They charge very low shipping charges and the RT is a very light item.

BTW, better attitude at Hale's about customer service!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Via VRSCA,
Thanks for your help. I've been out of town over the weekend and this was the first time I could check back on this item. Next time I probably will use them. It has taken about 4 weeks up to this point. Oh well, live and learn!

·
Registered
7 Posts
P/N 32117-01B Software Only?

mjw930 said:
I'm not exactly sure what dealer excuse you're refering to since the upgrade is a simple and standard item (and they sold you an obsolete part anyway) but you have to be the one who's comfortable with the situation, not me.

Even though the PN is not in their system they can order P/N 32117-01B by phone from Harley because that's what my dealer did and I'm looking at that part number on a package and CD right now. Wimps.....:slap2:

I just need the software. Is P/N 32117-01B the software or does it include the hardware? And what was the price for the upgrade?

·
Registered
696 Posts
vrodgolpher said:
I just need the software. Is P/N 32117-01B the software or does it include the hardware? And what was the price for the upgrade?
32117-01B is SOFTWARE ONLY - Price=?????
32107-01B is Complete Race Tuner Kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts