Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a defect recall notice from M&W this week.

Looks like i may get to keep some of my jeans without a hole in the right calf

·
Grog
144 Posts
Defect notice for what model?
Grog
VRSCR
BrisVegas

·
Registered
203 Posts
For Jeans :)

·
Grog
144 Posts
Draggin Jeans or Smokin Jeans???....ha ha ha....oops, sorry, back under my rock....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep got the same for my "R" , I called into Frasers for info, they had to chase down the details so I donlt know what yet they need to do. Got a call today saying the bits are in and it's a 10 minute job, I'm guessing it's probably another heat shield in the "leg can touch" area, I'll have a look but if it looks like crap I think it'll get left off, anyone else know what the fix looks like yet?

·
Grog
144 Posts
A couple of days ago in the traffic on my way home from work I caught a reflection and saw the heat rising from the rear mufflers...and this on a cool winter's day! Bloody hell, how hot do these stock pipes get in summer?!? I purchased my R new about two months ago and I haven't seen any recall notice. I'm mighty keen to know more about it....
Grog

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Got my recall notice, rang the dealer, typically "only just heard about it" no kits in yet but confirmed it is a drop in one Saturday morning, ten minute job.

·
previously VicArmani
59 Posts
Pokey ....... that link doesn't work !!!

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
previously VicArmani
59 Posts
Thanks Pokey :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry about the vague post. It was a specific range of VRSCR's Mine is fairly old, I'll post the defect recall details from home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts