Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reassembled my master cilinders and realized my clutch lever makes a click noise when pressed. It doesn't happen when not installed in the handlebar so my guess it makes it with that button on the left controls. Problem is I have no idea how to solve it, there is nothing I can move, screw, or luv...
Regarding the front brake master cilinders, J have lost the retainer clip. Thinking about buying a replacement from a local hardware store, any idea what size is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I just reassembled my master cilinders and realized my clutch lever makes a click noise when pressed. It doesn't happen when not installed in the handlebar so my guess it makes it with that button on the left controls. Problem is I have no idea how to solve it, there is nothing I can move, screw, or luv...
Regarding the front brake master cilinders, J have lost the retainer clip. Thinking about buying a replacement from a local hardware store, any idea what size is it?

Thanks!
Clicking sound might be from the clutch switch or switch interaction with the lever. Could be the roller also. As for the clip, take the pin with you and match it up. Nothing special about them.
Ron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I believe it is the switch but not sure why it does it or how to fix it.
Regarding the retainer it doesn't seat on the clip but on the cilinder hole so it's harder to match, but yes, without the metric I will take it to the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts