Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I gotta go!
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a few questions. I got a side mount license plate and I am going to remove the dog's rear end ( i've already cut most of it off except to support the turn signals. I want to get rid of it entirely. What is the best way to mount new lights on the top spring. Any good relocator kits? And fairly cheap? Also, what are good fairly small lights to replace with and is it legal to ride around without rear turn signals for a bit while I get them ordered?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Like to know also!

·
Speed limit exempt
167 Posts
Check out V-Mod.com. I got turn signal relocate mounts that mount on top of the shocks, and vizor litghts, small, chrome, look good.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I made my own out of 18g steel and mounted them to the rear bag mounts. You cant even see them unless you look under the fender. See pics.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Pondo, DrHeathenScum, do you guys have a solution for this? ;)

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
I put on a custom rear fender and relocated my own turn signals. Just think of what you want to do and look at what you got then go to the hardware store - that is what I did. I like having turn signals due to the fact I don't want to die. Check out my gallery.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
anything where you don't do it off the top shock bolt. If I have my large biker's friend I'm worried about it being entirely visible when I go to 240.

J

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Problem I have with the vmod rear turn signal relocators is that with the constant up and down of my adjustable air ride they don't stay in place. I have to constantly keep adjusting them so their both facing towards the rear.

Sometimes I'll be riding around and one will be facing the rear and the other pointing up into the sky.:banghead:

·
fire up !
700 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crow said:
Ok a few questions. I got a side mount license plate and I am going to remove the dog's rear end ( i've already cut most of it off except to support the turn signals. I want to get rid of it entirely. What is the best way to mount new lights on the top spring. Any good relocator kits? And fairly cheap? Also, what are good fairly small lights to replace with and is it legal to ride around without rear turn signals for a bit while I get them ordered?

Thanks in advance!
Thought of getting rid of the blinkers all together, have a look at some of the integrated tailights (I think they look trick) you can have your blinkers without them sticking out.

·
I gotta go!
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys. What do you guys think of the Heavy's integrated turn signals. A little expensive, but it looks great. Anyone have these, and can you actually see the turn signals once the brakes are applied... Seems to me that the bright red leds may drown out the turn signal? Any thoughts?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I bought chrome brackets from Custom Dynamics along with LED turn signals from Kuryakyn. Very nice setup me thinks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crow said:
Thanks for the input guys. What do you guys think of the Heavy's integrated turn signals. A little expensive, but it looks great. Anyone have these, and can you actually see the turn signals once the brakes are applied... Seems to me that the bright red leds may drown out the turn signal? Any thoughts?
I purchased the Clear Alternatives Integrated light for mine with the smoked lense they are considerably cheaper than Heavys. I am very happy with it and have removed the blinkers which I think looks very good. Link to Clear Alternatives website:

http://clearalternatives.com/Mercha...TGY&Store_Code=CA&Category_Code=SMOKE+VERSION

scroll down to the V-Rod integrated light and it shows how it looks with the blinker going.

·
I gotta go!
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the input. Any complaints about not being able to see your blinkers in your taillight?

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts

·
Banned
787 Posts
I have made metal straps that bend in 1/2" out of steel so that I can mount heavy chrome bullet turn signals onto. The V-mod aluminum rear relocation pieces say they are not strong enough for this style turn signal. Since my fender is black, I painted the straps black. I think it goes well with the chrome bullet turn signals.

Attachments

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I went the same route as Vrod-Mike:

Attachments

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I would not feel safe using just the turn signals in the CA or the HeavyCycles taillights. I have the HC with integrated signals which is much brighter then the CA light and the signals were still not bright enough in direct sunlight. That's why I added the additional signals off the shock mounts. JMHO

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Rear Turn Signals 1 3/8"

Now you have 3 choices for rear turn signals! add my rear turn signal kit and your good to go!
www.GRcustoms.com
The Turn Signal Relocation Kit comes in Black and the Turn Signals can be painted black also, just email me at [email protected]

GR

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts