Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds stupid but in our area the sans/gravel/running thru watyer etc.. really naskes the black fender loo bad. has anyone done anuything that would help the rear tire from spraying the rear fender? I wonder if jus ta small rear mud gaurd stick down maybe an inch would help? Wouldnt even know it was ther visually, thxs paul

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think the Aussie delivered models have the numberplate behind the guard compared to the US sideplate.
This stops debris spraying up as it's past 45 degrees as per the Australian Design Rules.
Does yours have the sideplate or a setup like mine?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the Aussie delivered models have the numberplate behind the guard compared to the US sideplate.
This stops debris spraying up as it's past 45 degrees as per the Australian Design Rules.
Does yours have the sideplate or a setup like mine?
ya you guys have a mudgaurd, we dont,,,,,,,, i may fab something out of plastic for trips at least

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
ya you guys have a mudgaurd, we dont,,,,,,,, i may fab something out of plastic for trips at least
Just thinking Guys, how about something like the Jap rockets have, a radiused "inner" fender mounted to the swing arm so it can remain close to the tire.

They mostly do it to clean up the air flow at speed over the exposed rear tire but I wonder if that would direct some or most of the rain water out the back instead of up without even seeing most of it under the stock fender.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can order the part for the international rear license plate mount. It actually seems like a really good idea. While the side-mount license plate and naked rear fender look great, having a large black stripe down your back doesn't look nearly as good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts