Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2009 VRod Muscle
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple of threads on here that are similar to this but I just wanted to hear about other riders' perspective on the rear tire and suspension. I have the stock setup now on my Muscle, but I definitely want to upgrade this spring and I would like to have all the information before coming up with a final decision.

I like the Progressive 440 series for the suspension and I would like to lower it and tuck in the tire.

I like the idea of being able to upgrade the tire width without any expensive modifications too. The Metzeler 260 and Avon 250 seem to be very popular and I'm leaning towards the Metz.

My ideal setup would be the Progressive 440 12" black suspension with the Metz 260. Does anybody have this setup now? Will the wide tire and lowered suspension work together without rubbing?
All comments related to this topic are appreciated!

·
Nuori mies nimetön
79 Posts
I had the 12" 440's, didn't like the ride. Riding straight on a smooth road no problems, but curvy and bumpy roads they just didn't work. Atleast for me. Switched to 13", much better.

·
2009 VRod Muscle
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the 12" 440's, didn't like the ride. Riding straight on a smooth road no problems, but curvy and bumpy roads they just didn't work. Atleast for me. Switched to 13", much better.
Did you have a 260 rear or stock 240?
Do you happen to still have the 12" 440's?

·
2009 VRod Muscle
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you have a 260 rear or stock 240?
Do you happen to still have the 12" 440's?

·
Nuori mies nimetön
79 Posts
At the time, I had the 240. But there's no problem going 260. I tried the free movement of the swingarm when shocks were removed with the 260 and it doesn't rub. Sold the 12"s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts