Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Progressive 430 12.5 shocks on their VRSCF? I was thinking about installing the Progressive 430 12.5, 444 13" or like an Arnott air suspension. Any experience or opinions on these types suspensions? Or if you have a better recommendation let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Does anyone have Progressive 430 12.5 shocks on their VRSCF? I was thinking about installing the Progressive 430 12.5, 444 13" or like an Arnott air suspension. Any experience or opinions on these types suspensions? Or if you have a better recommendation let me know. Thanks
Depends what you are after. I've got the 13" 444s on my Dx. Ride is a bit better but not a whole lot more. 430 12.5, you loose more travel in an already short travel suspension but it looks better sitting there. Not really into air systems but some like them.
Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Copied from a previous post:
I went with the Arnott “ultimate ride” system. Air compressor mounts in the existing airbox, manifold mounts under the seat and behind the gas tank. They have a switch that has a built-in pressure gauge now, that wasn’t around when I bought my system. I’ve gotten used to just eyeballing the shock height that is needed for a good ride depending on if I’m running solo or 2 up, road conditions, etc. but a gauge would be SO nice. It takes a little time to decide how to route the wires and air lines, if you care about how the final appearance turns out. I went with the chrome shocks ( Fox pieces) that have functioned flawlessly, but the chrome is flaking off and is the worst looking part of the bike at this point. At the lowest setting I love the way it looks but it’ll drag on the lowest speed bump and possibly herniate a disk, at the highest setting it’s as ugly as a man’s ass but would probably clear a crosstie. It is really nice to have the ability to drop it when cruising round town for looks and raise it up for the ride home. Cost bout $1700. Limited lifetime warranty. I don’t regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.