Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an aspiring (waiting list) V-ROD owner, I am reading everything I can get hands on right now... I love the look of the 16 Gauge Double Barrel SE exhaust pipes, however have read many posts about dragging the exhaust (in turns) while 2up. I will probably riding 2up often enough for this to be an issue. I've seen a few posts about rear shock stiffness adjustment... is this adjustment available in the stock shocks??? Is this REALY an issue? and if so, what are your opinions on the best way to keep the chrome... chrome?
THX in advance!

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
adjustment is available on the stock shocks.
however you need the wrench that adjusts it, that fits into the holes that are in the shocks.
i have heard of people using strap type wrenches to do this, but im not sure how hard it would be to keep it from scraching the shock that way.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
The spanner wrench can be bought from Harley for around $12-$18, but you can also use 2 screwdrivers in the adjuster holes to do it yourself. I would suggest that when you pick the bike up, just have the salesman get a tech with the wrench up and do the adjustment. Takes about 30 seconds to do both. Depending on the combined weight I would suggest a setting of 4, 5 if you are like me! ;)

Mike

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Tell me that you are not really on a waiting list...?

'04's and '03's are available at every shop up here in the North East. Two-tone '03's are selling for around $16k and you can negotiate.

You must mean that you are waiting for a particular color to 2004 VRSC_ to arrive at your local dealer...!

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Yes, you can drag when 2up, even with stock shocks set on 5 :mad: All depends on the road & your riding style, I live for the twistys! :diablo:

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice!!! Yes, Via VRSCA, I am waiting on a gold/black 04 model. 03's are selling for 16K here also, but I like the 2 yr factory warranty and the std equip 28 tooth sprocket on the 04's!!! Yes, I realize that for 2 grand I can paint, buy an extended warranty, and have a 28 tooth sprocket installed... but, in the end I would still be spending 18K and have a 03 bike that's already depreciated one year. So why not go 04.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
No, I was just making sure that there are no dealers out there that are perpetuating the "waiting list" thing... to continue artificially to pump up the prices we once saw attached to V-Rods.

Absolutely, you are doing the right thing!! I don't know much about '04's because the dealers here are still holding most of them back.

Hopefully your ride will comes soon -- enjoy it when it does! Its definitely the finest Harley, Willie G. and the engineering team at HD have ever dreamed up!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
adjustment is available on the stock shocks.
however you need the wrench that adjusts it, that fits into the holes that are in the shocks.
i have heard of people using strap type wrenches to do this, but im not sure how hard it would be to keep it from scraching the shock that way.
I can turn mine by hand. And a strap wrench would work fine as there is nothing on the strap that could scratch the chrome.

John

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Ketsugo said:
I can turn mine by hand.
John
John,
Finally, all those years of masturbation paying off for ya?!?? Righ on!:rofl3:
Boy, I've been waiting almost a year to throw a zinger at 'cha!:D

Mike

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey John... maybe I can get you to teach my wife how to make the adjustment for me!!!:rofl3:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts